Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Game 3: Colts @ Lions Thread

I read Indy and us won't play anyone important to the team. So I suspect some 2nd teamers and a ton of 3rd teamers.

With preseason cancelled last year, really showed the vets don't need to play much if at all. Not worth the injury risk

It is easy to foresee they will eventually just have 2 Pre-Season games in near future and expand regular season to 18 games.

PSG1 - 1st half expected starters, 2nd half - expected 2nd and 3rd string.

PSG2 - anyone on the bubble, make or break moment

I?m annoyed tavai and reeves maybin are the first ones out there. In what world should Derrick Barnes not be starting tonight?

Perrimans hands make Ebron look like Jerry fuckin Rice!!!

Cut him. Speed or not, he can?t catch.

Who's that running back that we had that was great in back to back preseason seasons? He was always awful once the season started. You want a guy to catch balls but we'll see what happens next week.

Last edited:
It?s flabbergasting to me that Goff would have such little pre season time being new team, new players, new system and all, are they not planning him as the season starter? Not being put in position to succeed

Asinine

It?s flabbergasting to me that Goff would have such little pre season time being new team, new players, new system and all, are they not planning him as the season starter? Not being put in position to succeed

Asinine

Stafford hasn't played at all. It's the way teams do it these days.

I?m getting old these sporting events are interesting me less and less with each passing year

Need to go watch NHL. Imo the most exciting thing to watch except maybe an inside the park home run. :)

It?s going to be a long season. I hope Huge (Bill Simonson) is right about Goff winning more games then Stafford but I just see nothing excited about this offense. Then again we saw very few starters tonight if any. This is a total rebuild unless this offense line is better the.expected. I do not get Goff not playing either.

I?d really like to see us beat San Francisco. I listen to ESPN radio and other sports talk shows a lot when I?m out picking up Covid-19 test and all I hear is how great Stafford is going to be in LA and how bad Goff will be in Detroit.

Please football gods !
Can we Just have one 3-5 year Stretch where the lions are feared and respected by other clubs. It?s the same thing over and over again. Man I hope Campbell can turn this mess around.

Most of those guys will be gone. It's like the exhibition season in baseball, doesn't mean anything.

Yeah I know but I DVr the game watch it fast and we were up at halftime 14-9.
Then inadvertently tuned in high school scores and saw 27-17 colts final

Gawd damn we can?t even beat second teamers either lol.

Last edited:
The lions only hope is the above average offense line can finally run the ball. It really is the only hope.

I?d really like to see us beat San Francisco. I listen to ESPN radio and other sports talk shows a lot when I?m out picking up Covid-19 test and all I hear is how great Stafford is going to be in LA and how bad Goff will be in Detroit.

Please football gods !
Can we Just have one 3-5 year Stretch where the lions are feared and respected by other clubs. It?s the same thing over and over again. Man I hope Campbell can turn this mess around.

Those guys know nothing. They just quess forgetting or not knowing Staff's troubled years. 1st they assume LA will still have a great defense which we don't know and more importantly the defense won't help a QB make a pass. It won't prevent Matt from throwing the ball into the ground or airmailing it.

Back