Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Schedule Released

brewer229

Week 1: New York Jets
Week 2: @ Washington
Week 3: @ Jacksonville (Nationally televised - Friday, 8/28)
Week 4: Buffalo

I guess this is news....

All Lions fans will get to see the most "important" preseason game (week 3). Therefore we can get an early start to our 2015 season Stafford still sucks/Stafford is finally turning the corner debate. As well as overreaction to each player based on preseason performance.

No Great Lakes Classic???

I have gone the last 8 years. This is bullshit!!

At least there's no Cleveland or Cinci..seems like we get them every year.

Fun Fact

2006 was the last time the Lions finished with a losing record in the preseason.

Probably moving close to Jacksonville, so at least I get to see the most meaningful preseason game.

Wow, that preseason schedule actually has me less excited for the preseason. We have to wade through those shit teams and debate how good or bad someone is vs those hacks. They are always borderline meaningless, but this schedule makes it even moreso.

Regardless of how the team performs this preseason, there will be little positive to come from it. Maybe they find an ok return guy??? How can you make quality decisions about roster cuts when playing that schedule? Bills and Jets might have been considered ok, but the fact both are undergoing coaching changes, and therefore roster changes...ugh...

The "highlight" game is vs Jax...that about sums it up right there.

Wow, that preseason schedule actually has me less excited for the preseason. We have to wade through those shit teams and debate how good or bad someone is vs those hacks. They are always borderline meaningless, but this schedule makes it even moreso.

Regardless of how the team performs this preseason, there will be little positive to come from it. Maybe they find an ok return guy??? How can you make quality decisions about roster cuts when playing that schedule? Bills and Jets might have been considered ok, but the fact both are undergoing coaching changes, and therefore roster changes...ugh...

The "highlight" game is vs Jax...that about sums it up right there.

Are you seriously crying over a preseason schedule? Do you momos ever quit moaning and groaning over the most trivial shit possible? You then add the question on how they're supposed to guage their team on the other teams we're playing? How about STFU and realize that's it's only preseason. But I guess you won't because we don't play Seattle, New England, Denver and Indy in the PRESEASON!! Lol. Who fkn cares who we play in the preseason?!

Are you seriously crying over a preseason schedule? Do you momos ever quit moaning and groaning over the most trivial shit possible? You then add the question on how they're supposed to guage their team on the other teams we're playing? How about STFU and realize that's it's only preseason. But I guess you won't because we don't play Seattle, New England, Denver and Indy in the PRESEASON!! Lol. Who fkn cares who we play in the preseason?!

Tony, chill out. My comments are based on the FACT that Jax and Wash are bottom feeders currently and the Jets and Bills have new coaches and therefore new systems. You do get that because of these factors, these teams do not pose a very good measurement to base the talent of the Lions, right?

I'm not saying they need to play top teams in every preseason game, but having 1 would be beneficial. You want the team to at least play one quality opponent to get a better read on how a player is doing against better talent. Do they hold their own or fall apart? These are important factors in cutting down to the final roster. Practice gives insight, yes. Scrimmaging/preseason games vs other teams gives more insight than practice because the players have to react to other teams and against players they are not used to playing against. The quality of that opponent in those scrimmages/preseason games helps determine whether a guy is ready or not for the regular season.

There is ZERO reason for you to tee off on me. I'm not expecting an apology, but you need to recognize that you were way out of line in your post. The attacks and insults were completely unjustified.

First off we played the Bills AND Jacksonville LAST preseason and we ALSO faced THE BROWNS. You know the other team we played.... THE RAIDERS..... Jax almost beat us, this is first year since like the 90's we don't play the BROWNS who have been always that great team to gauge ours vs. and we've seemed to play the Bills in the preseason as long as we've been playing the Browns as well.... This preseason ISN'T ANY different from that than years past and no one has said a word to my knowledge? I agree maybe Tony was a TAD harsh, but damn man we are talking about practice. The bitching and moaning just gets old after a while.

Yeah, you guys are right...let's all just party!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! Can't wait to watch the Lions play the Bills, Jets, Jags, and Skins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My apologies for being the slightest bit critical with the NFL for giving the Lions a less than desired Preseason. Won't happen again.

Game 3 is the only one that matters for starters so who cares for the other three weeks. It clearly doesn't get anyone ready for the regular season with vanilla schemes. If you need a "tough" pre-season opponent to get ready for the regular season, then your teams has issues. The Lions don't need a tough opponent, they are already ready. You don't tip your hand either, so you don't show the real plays you want to use, just basic stuff.

Back