Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Presidential Rankings 2014

Wow these rankings are a real conversation starter.

Keko claims to have earned his M.A. in history from Central Michigan University and a teaching certificate from the University of Michigan.

http://www.examiner.com/american-history-in-national/don-keko

Since I don't know if he has a bias or what his political ideology is, I believe that his analysis can only be considered subjective, and he came of voting age by 1989, so he really has about 25 years of adult experience living under the administration of merely 3 POTUSes.

Last edited:
I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit a better list than that.

That guy is terrible....his lists on music, baseball, politics.....all terrible.

Turok: his political ideology is obviously extreme right, I mean who else would have Reagan 6th, yet Clinton 31?

I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit a better list than that.

That guy is terrible....his lists on music, baseball, politics.....all terrible.

Turok: his political ideology is obviously extreme right, I mean who else would have Reagan 6th, yet Clinton 31?
This.

not sure why he posts this crap here without comment. I usually avoid clicking, but I did in the 1970s music thread by mistake.

Here's my honest reaction when I see that guy's pic: "Oh. Another thread from that mom's-basement-dwelling-self-proclaimed-historian-looking-guy."

Never gave it any thought before, but perhaps the OP IS Don Keko, but if so the "420" might make him a Libertarian instead of far right.

If most 'Mercans who still have a luddite landline and a listing in the local phone book, consider Ronnie to be one of the the greatest dead POTUSes, then maybe his bust needs to be chiseled into Mt. Rushmore.

But if it were up to me though, he would be facing NNW.

Never gave it any thought before, but perhaps the OP IS Don Keko, but if so the "420" might make him a Libertarian instead of far right.

I don't think the two are really that distinguishable.

The libertarians I know tend to be former Conservatives who grew sick of the GOP Establishment, esp. during the Bush years. While they want to distance themselves from the sleaze of GOP politics, they still want to point and hate that caricature of the left they grew up hating... those "nanny-state" loving limousine liberals, effete college professors, radical minorities, welfare queens, etc. and their political views don't really go deeper than that.

"Libertarianism" lets them do that while dodging any retorts, since most political arguments on the internet involve GOP/Democratic party mudslinging. They can yell "Obama sucks" and when confronted with the usual "He's cleaning up Bush's mess" stick their tongue out and say "Who cares? I'm libertarian."

no one really ever points out the absurd, naive core of libertarian belief... that in a society where everyone is completely dependent on other persons and institutions to deliver basic necessities of daily life, safely, and efficiently to 350 million people nationwide, we could somehow do with fewer laws and regulations. It's not 1850 anymore... giving everyone 40 acres and a mule won't work. but like I said, the ones I've met never really think the whole libertarian thing through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give him some credit

He didn't have Reagan first and he didn't have FDR in the bottom 5

Two things I usually expect in rankings from right-leaning individuals

I also tend to avoid anything that links to Examiner.

I seem to recall quite a few articles around election time predicting a Romney landslide victory, most of them used Unskewed Polls as a source.

Last edited:

I have asked several times but he wont respond. The Author supposedly lives near Flint, MI. And TyCobb420 lives in Texas according to his sig. Maybe they are relatives though, or old CMU roommates though.

when it comes down to it, I don't really care or want to know... I don't think anyone's anonymity on the board should be challenged.* it just seemed like all he does is post articles from the examiner written by that guy, and I wonder if he's a real poster, or a bot to spread content on the web.

*some people (tLiar for example) bring it on themselves when they stupidly make arguments personal.

I have asked several times but he wont respond. The Author supposedly lives near Flint, MI. And TyCobb420 lives in Texas according to his sig. Maybe they are relatives though, or old CMU roommates though.

Sorry. Never saw the question. I do live outside of Austin, TX. Not related, but I do know him from CMU. I work a lot more than I used to, so I am not on the board as much as I used to be. I can generally only pop in and out. I am off today for President's Day though. He posts several times a week, but I generally only link up the Tiger stuff and the occasional music list.

I will say though that I saw Chris Mathews say that Reagan was the best modern president (whatever modern means)..and that came from a guy that worked for Tip O'Neil (Tip was the Dem Speaker of the House for those of you that don't know). There are reasons listed in the article for each position for each president. Mathews said Reagan won the Cold War, which is also listed in the article.

Last edited:
Yes, lately Matthews has been out shilling this book he wrote about Reagan and O'Neill and their whole bit.

Last edited:
Yes, lately Matthews has been out shilling this book he wrote about Reagan and O'Neill and therefore bit.

I don't think he'd say it if he did not mean it. He could have said Eisenhower or LBJ or anyone else.

THE top five presidents of all time and no more discussion:

5. Fillmore. They named a concert venue after him.
4. Grant. Anyone else have their own joke about their burial tomb?
3. Van Buren. He was the inspiration for the phrase OK. This is not a rural legend.
2. Pierce. He didn't want the job, his kid died on the train trip to the inaugural and his wife was psycho. And he managed to serve out his term without killing her.
1. Harrison, Wm. Managed to serve out his time without making any major mistakes other than standing in the rain for his three-hour inaugural speech and catching pneumonia and dying three weeks later. Actually THAT is rural legend. There is no connection between his death and his long-winded inaugural address. "We did everything we could," said his medical staff. Harrison's doctors tried cures, applying opium, castor oil, leeches, and Virginia snakeweed. But the treatments only made Harrison worse, and he became delirious.

Last edited:
Back