Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Purdue game predictions

Getting shut out on offense and ZERO trips to the red zone 2 mins into 4th qtr against Purdue. This team is bad.

Damn, that drive makes me think that there was a change in who's calling plays. That TE screen was a great call and the reverse pass for a td was the perfect play.

Embarrassing offensive performance, 90% was on Conner Cook, something was wrong with his mechanics today, was awful. Hopefully it was just a blip because he sure looked good the last 2 weeks.

Langford was excellent today, making guys miss, cutting quickly and showing that acceleration. Also got some tough yards. He's on his way to a thousand yard season. The run game as a whole is much better this year without Bell. Go figure.

Defense? 226 yards, 0 points, 5 sacks, 1 defensive TD, at least 12 TFL. Purdue mixed it up well and gained some yards in the 1st half, but the defense adjusted and shut them down.

Shilique Calhoun got another sack and could have had a few more. Having a great season.

Embarrassing offensive performance, 90% was on Conner Cook, something was wrong with his mechanics today, was awful. Hopefully it was just a blip because he sure looked good the last 2 weeks.

Langford was excellent today, making guys miss, cutting quickly and showing that acceleration. Also got some tough yards. He's on his way to a thousand yard season. The run game as a whole is much better this year without Bell. Go figure.

Defense? 226 yards, 0 points, 5 sacks, 1 defensive TD, at least 12 TFL. Purdue mixed it up well and gained some yards in the 1st half, but the defense adjusted and shut them down.

Shilique Calhoun got another sack and could have had a few more. Having a great season.

Purdue will not win more than 2 B1G games, if that. One TD on one trip to the red zone against what could be the second best football team in West Lafayette, IN? The takeaway in my mind is this offense still has a long way to go.

I'll take a bad 6-1 team. I'm good with that.

Indeed, I'll take 6-1 from a bad team any day. But I still think the same as I did at the beginning of the season - based on our schedule 9 & 3 won't mean we're good and anything less would be awful. To state the obvious, The bright side is clearly the defense. I don't think there is a B1G offense that can score in the 30s on this defense without defensive scores and/or a handful of blown plays.

Last edited:
Call me optimistic but I think that bad perfomance by Cook was a fluke. He had more than a handful of awful throws but the weather wasn't helping him out. Langford still had a good game rushing and if we really wanted to we could have ran the ball the whole game, the thing is they're (play callers) trying to get Cook as many passes as they can against these weaker teams. The division is ours to lose, Michigan has one loss in big ten play already and they honestly do not look like a good team to me. Nebraska is ok and that's the one game we may lose because it's in Lincoln. Which means we'll most likely get a shot at OSU. I think it's in all of big tens best interest if OSU doesn't go to the National championship game. It's scary to think what Alabama would do them.
But then again it would be pretty scary if we won and got Oregon in the rose bowl.

Call me optimistic but I think that bad perfomance by Cook was a fluke. He had more than a handful of awful throws but the weather wasn't helping him out. Langford still had a good game rushing and if we really wanted to we could have ran the ball the whole game, the thing is they're (play callers) trying to get Cook as many passes as they can against these weaker teams. The division is ours to lose, Michigan has one loss in big ten play already and they honestly do not look like a good team to me. Nebraska is ok and that's the one game we may lose because it's in Lincoln. Which means we'll most likely get a shot at OSU. I think it's in all of big tens best interest if OSU doesn't go to the National championship game. It's scary to think what Alabama would do them.
But then again it would be pretty scary if we won and got Oregon in the rose bowl.

Let's wait before counting those chickens. We've only beaten 1 team we lost to last year (arguably the worst of the 6) and still have to make trips to Nebraska and NW - Colter will most likely be back and he makes NW an entirely different team. None of our remaining opponents play much defense but as we saw Saturday, that's doesn't necessarily help. By the way, I love the homers on the Michigan board pointing out that our defenses aren't much different statistically. IU 572 yards of offense and 47 points WITH "Jake mother-f'n Ryan" back in the lineup. It's cute.

I don't think Oregon will be playing in the Rose Bowl (except the road game vs. UCLA) - they have a very good shot at the NC game. They're really good and have an easier schedule the rest of the way than Bama - not by a ton but I'd rather have their remaining opponents (UCLA and @ Stanford) than Bama's (LSU & @ Auburn). I know Stanford is ranked 6th but I'm just not a believer (Washington win doesn't look so great anymore and they lost to a pretty bad Utah team. FSU has some tests remaining too with Miami and @ Florida. If i had to pick the NC game right now I'd say Oregon vs. FSU - based on remaining schedule moreso than who I think are the 2 best teams. Oh, and Baylor is the wild card. We'll see.

Last edited:
Purdue will not win more than 2 B1G games, if that. One TD on one trip to the red zone against what could be the second best football team in West Lafayette, IN? The takeaway in my mind is this offense still has a long way to go.

Indeed, I'll take 6-1 from a bad team any day. But I still think the same as I did at the beginning of the season - based on our schedule 9 & 3 won't mean we're good and anything less would be awful. To state the obvious, The bright side is clearly the defense. I don't think there is a B1G offense that can score in the 30s on this defense without defensive scores and/or a handful of blown plays.

keep in mind that in 2010 and 2011 we had a lot of stinker wins, like having to come from behind to be at 2-9 Minnesota team in EL and squeaker wins over bad NW and Purdue teams.

keep in mind that in 2010 and 2011 we had a lot of stinker wins, like having to come from behind to be at 2-9 Minnesota team in EL and squeaker wins over bad NW and Purdue teams.

That's true but there is absolutely no comparison between this team and the 2010 and 2011 squads. The closest thing they have in common is they all played in a weak B1G. Thankfully, for this team it's actually weaker.

Last edited:
That's true but there is absolutely no comparison between this team and the 2010 and 2011 squads. The closest thing they have in common is they all played in a weak B1G. Thankfully, for this team it's actually weaker.

Just saying that one underwhelming performance in a win doesn't spell doom for our title chances

Agreed but its not just one. Granted we weren't settled on a qb until nd but this is not the only time we've looked bad (on offense) beating an extremely soft opponent.

Back