Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Question for people who moved away from Michigan

DR said:
MichChamp02 said:
that's nice

Maybe your doctor should persuade you to not be so much of an asshole? That could help your bp.

Naw. He's probably just a cat person. Cat people have higher BPs than dog people. True fact I just made up!

Well what do you know? The thing that makes sense is true.

"The companionship offered by many pets is thought to be good for you, but the benefits of owning a dog outstrip those of cat owners, the study says.

A psychologist from Queen's University, Belfast, said dog owners tended to have lower blood pressure and cholesterol."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6279701.stm

I hate cats. I plan on getting a dog when I get a job w/out such long commutes

Red and Guilty said:
MichChamp02 said:
if you need lots of carbs, they are a good source.

the avg. person doesn't need as much as they take in. plus, they usually load them with salt, butter, sour cream, cheese, etc. which is a bit much

I don't need the carbs. Since I've started running again, I've lost zero pounds. Without reading how atkins worked, I tried avoiding carbs for a month a decade ago and the pounds just melted away. I don't want to go that route, but I do think of potatoes as something to avoid rather than a staple now. I used to mash a package of cream cheese into a pot of potatoes...they were awesome.

I still drink a fair number of carbs.

^^^This^^^

running 12-15 miles per week, downsizing portions, eliminating but now just monitoring carbs, many of which come in liquid form... At first I lost a fair amount of weight but now I'm maintaining a steady number down about 25 total from my fattest at one point.

DR said:
MichChamp02 said:
edit: "that's nice"

Hmmm, wonder what the 2:30am version of this post was..

It might have been a little more profane.

I need to stay off the laptop when I get home from the bar. I'm still scared to check my facebook profile.

Red and Guilty said:
MichChamp02 said:
if you need lots of carbs, they are a good source.

the avg. person doesn't need as much as they take in. plus, they usually load them with salt, butter, sour cream, cheese, etc. which is a bit much

I don't need the carbs. Since I've started running again, I've lost zero pounds. Without reading how atkins worked, I tried avoiding carbs for a month a decade ago and the pounds just melted away. I don't want to go that route, but I do think of potatoes as something to avoid rather than a staple now. I used to mash a package of cream cheese into a pot of potatoes...they were awesome.

Liquid carbs is the purest and most easily consumable form of carbohydrate nutrition, and really, the only type of carbs the body really needs.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Red and Guilty":17hkcqr4]

Liquid carbs is the purest and most easily consumable form of carbohydrate nutrition, and really, the only type of carbs the body really needs.[/quote:17hkcqr4]

I think some of the Belgian beer styles were designed to enable longer bouts of fasting from other foods...so you might be right.

Back