Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rams trade up to no. 1

cheeno

Les Snead - G - Rams
Rams acquired the No. 1 overall pick of the 2016 draft from the Titans in exchange for picks Nos. 15, 43, 45 and 76 in this year's draft as well as first- and third-round picks next year.
The deal works out to two first rounders, two second rounders and two third rounders to move up all the way from pick No. 15 to the top spot. With the top pick in hand, the Rams will almost certainly target either Cal's Jared Goff or North Dakota State's Carson Wentz, the top two quarterbacks in the draft. Despite consistently -- and ridiculously -- talking up Case Keenum all offseason, the Rams have finally taken the steps necessary to secure a true franchise quarterback.
Related: Titans
Source: TitansOnline Apr 14 - 9:12 AM

Pretty crazy, I really don't care for either one of those qbs. Pretty weak qb class, imo

Wentz is gonna be good. I think Cook is the other. You can have the rest. Conklin won't be there now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That is A LOT to grab a mediocre QB prospect. I could understand if you were talking about Luck or Peyton Manning.......but Wentz or Goff?

Blah.

Wentz is gonna be good. I think Cook is the other. You can have the rest. Conklin won't be there now.

And the could have saved all those picks and taken Cook in the 1st or maybe even the 2nd.

Stupid.

Today is the day the Rams began their epic plunge from bad to shit.

Ya this is really dumb in my opinion...there is no clear cut QB prospect which is head and shoulders above the rest. No reason to trade for the No 1 pick this early....if at all. Wait and see how the draft goes...there was really only one team in top 10 which I think will take a QB - that being San Fran (assuming they move Kapernick). Cleveland signed RG3, so I dont necessarily think they are locked in at a QB at pick 2...they might, but might not want to put that 'pressure' on RG3 having a high pick behind him.

Even if Cleveland drafted a QB, that leaves one of the two 'top tier' QBs left, at which point you can trade with either the jags or ravens to get ahead of San Fran.

I just dont understand this move

And the could have saved all those picks and taken Cook in the 1st or maybe even the 2nd.

Stupid.

Probably says more about what they think of Cook than anything else. I'm sure they were aware he would be there for them.

I think the move to LA and trying to get their face of the franchise qb had a lot to do with it. Have to get people in the stands and a move like this will help.

I think the move to LA and trying to get their face of the franchise qb had a lot to do with it. Have to get people in the stands and a move like this will help.

I think you're right. Nothing energizes a fan base like a new QB. They gave up an awful lot though.

Case keenum....nuff said.

But they did give up too much.

That is a franchise changing trade for Tennessee. The amount and quality of those picks can fill an awful lot of holes on a team......and also gives them the firepower to maneuver in the next two drafts if there's a prospect they really want.

Probably for LA too......but in the opposite direction.

I think Cook is better than all of them. But what do I know...

Back