Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rangers still better at 5 or 6 positions?

randyf10

I love the Prince signing but I would still take Kinsler over our 2b, Andrus over Peralta, Beltre over our 3b if Cabrera DH's, and all three of Texas OFers over our 3, even though it is close with Murphy and DY in LF and Boesch and Cruz in RF. What do other think?

I think we got to game 6 of the ALCS and can make the next step. That's what I think.

I hope you are right Mitch, I would quess I'm every bit as big a Tiger fan as you if not more, I live and breath the Tigers but I like to look at everything from all sides. I stll love the make-up of the Rangers order over ours with a combo of speed, power and OBP. Alot depends on Ajax.

I'm not saying we're beating them or even better. On the other side, I wouldn't say they're beating us or better than us.

I said the same last year but the wild-cards are Scherzer and Porcello. They pitch like we think they can, it's all over. They can't, it could be rough.

Totally agree Mitch, our pitching could be fantastic in the first 4 spots, they all have the potential to win very close to 20 games, that would settle it for us if they all pitched up to their max ability all year, we would be unbeatable than :)

I remember the pitching staff of the 1971 Baltimore Orioles had four guys win 20 games
Cuellar, Dobson, and Palmer all won 20. McNally won 21.. But still lost in seven to the Pirates.. The year before in 1970 they had 3 twenty game winners.. Palmer with 20, and both McNally, and Cuellar each had 24. That team won the series.... Man I hated those teams.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I remember the pitching staff of the 1971 Baltimore Orioles had four guys win 20 games
Cuellar, Dobson, and Palmer all won 20. McNally won 21.. But still lost in seven to the Pirates.. The year before in 1970 they had 3 twenty game winners.. Palmer with 20, and both McNally, and Cuellar each had 24. That team won the series.... Man I hated those teams.

4 or 5 man rotations?

I think it's a three horse race between us, Texas and LAA right now. The Yankees, Red Sux and a couple others should be in the mix too, but I like the first three listed better on paper.

kingofdetroit57 said:
I think it's a three horse race between us, Texas and LAA right now. The Yankees, Red Sux and a couple others should be in the mix too, but I like the first three listed better on paper.

Don't forget about TB...they may have the best rotation in baseball.

tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]The O's were a 4 man, with a spot starer.

That makes sense...40 starts each. Still a great feat

I don't think anyone had more than 37-38 and McNally had like 30 and that's it.

tomdalton22 said:
kingofdetroit57 said:

Don't forget about TB...they may have the best rotation in baseball.
I'm not at all. They were the first time I was thinking of as the "couple others". They've got tough sledding in the East though. The Stankees and Red Sux are still damn good teams.

That's true, they still have a better offense.

But I'd take our 1-3 starters over there's.

Back