Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rays @ Tigers Game #108 Aug 5th, 2022

tigermud

Game Time 7:10 pm EST
Game Cast

Today's game thread is brought to you by piss and vinegar.

Rays (56-49)

B. Lowe 2B
J. Choi 1B
Y. Diaz 3B
D. Peralta DH
L. Raley LF
R. Arozarena RF
F. Mejia C
R. Quinn CF
T. Walls SS

P: Corey Kluber 7-6 4.03

Tigers (42-65) pathetic

R. Greene CF
V. Reyes DH
J. Baez SS
H. Castro 1B
J. Candelerio 3B
W. Castro 2B
D. Cameron RF
T. Barnhart C
A. Baddoo LF why?

Baddoo flash in the pan, he'll improve if he leaves Detroit and hooks up with better hitting coaches. Barnhart lousy hitter, terrible FA signing. No Miggy they were saying something about his knee the other day didn't catch the jist of it. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he surprised us end of year and decides to retire a year early.

Over under 5 hits for the kittens tonight?

Last edited:
I'll take the over.

I was watching Baddoo vs. the Twins earlier this week. The Twins know exactly what he is...which is why they let him go. Somebody hit a REALLY shallow flyball and the runner on 3B tagged. Baddoo threw the ball about 12' up the 1B line and the runner was easily safe. I didn't know his arm was THAT bad.

Over under 12 strikeouts by the Tigers?

I was playing golf yesterday and missed the news that Cabrera is thinking about retiring after this season. That would be great for the Tigers!

I'll take the over.

I was watching Baddoo vs. the Twins earlier this week. The Twins know exactly what he is...which is why they let him go. Somebody hit a REALLY shallow flyball and the runner on 3B tagged. Baddoo threw the ball about 12' up the 1B line and the runner was easily safe. I didn't know his arm was THAT bad.

Over under 12 strikeouts by the Tigers?

I'll take the under. by 1. (11)

I was playing golf yesterday and missed the news that Cabrera is thinking about retiring after this season. That would be great for the Tigers!

There it is

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...to-play-out-contract-retire-after-2023-season

This one says Intends to play next year. says his knee is really bad. well shit, doesn't sound good to me.

This one says uncertain. LOL. so which is it

https://autos.yahoo.com/autos/detroit-tigers-icon-miguel-cabrera-232508664.html

If he no longer has any power and is just a slow singles man he should just retire or be moved to 9th in the lineup

KC has more in the HOF thread

Last edited:
Tigers got three hits in the first inning and even scored a run!

Tigers up 3 - 0 early in the 3rd inning. Riley Greene with a Bomb.

Last edited:
Garcia looks like annibal sanchez after going on a 6 month eating binge.

Just looked up a stat. The Tigers have a major league leader in one stat. J. Baez leads MLB in errors with 17. He would probably have over 20 if it weren't for Torkleson playin 1B.

Looks like Jimenez will cost the Tigers the game, Lowe with a 2 run double, and paredes drives him in. Cisnero on in relief and he walks a .188 batter.

5 - 3 going to the bottom of the 8th.

JJ will go back to sucking now that dipshit Avila didn?t trade him when he was probably at his alltime high of value. Whatever that was.

Greene can?t come through. K?s on three pitches. This team is years away .

97.1 in Detroit was talking today or yesterday . Maybe this is a thread topic .

Worst Gm

Matt Millen lions
Or
Al Avila Tigers

Back