Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Reaction to the loss

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Eleven Warriors...first time i ever visited that place. Complete meltdown mode. Everyone wants Urban back, calling Day a fraud and begging him to be fired.

In the post game on Fox, fans were chanting "WE WANT URBAN" LOL this day is my favorite. Last year was great, but this is like the best blowjob of my life combined with an amazing massage, pizza, apple pie, and as much beer/wine you can drink. Fuck im so happy.

I love you all! Go Blue!

I heard them chanting for Urban. Crazy! Your team is 11-1. OSU fans are so arrogant! Get over yourselves!

I heard them chanting for Urban. Crazy! Your team is 11-1. OSU fans are so arrogant! Get over yourselves!

I don't blame them. When was the last time they lost 2x in a row to us? Was it 99-2000 or 00-01? I honestly don't remember. Either way, they haven't lost at home to us since I was in high school and haven't lost back to back since at least that long.

They remind me of me when MSU hired dantonio and won back to back after Hart's little bro comment. Reality check for them. But unlike us back then, theyre still going to be a top 5 recruiting team an 10-12 win team every year.

It's going to be even sweeter when their fans start parroting Harbaugh's 'born on 3rd' line against Day as well.

I feel bad for the guy.

Their fans are insane.

I didn't think he called a terrible game... His defense was more of a problem than his offense. Not giving him a pass for that, but they have a top 10 defense and are 11-1. Sure they have a huge talent advantage vs. most of their opponents, but he's at least performing at the level he should be.

can't go undefeated every year...

What are they saying on the RCMB?

I assume they're like "oh, I guess we'll have to wait another week before we can say Michigan is a fraud."

It's going to be even sweeter when their fans start parroting Harbaugh's 'born on 3rd' line against Day as well.

That will be a little fun when it happens.

That said, I don?t care much.

Purdue?s up next.

Coach, do what you have to do to annihilate them.

I read the threat level occasionally in eleven warriors. Was following it the past month and reading the comments. It really does tell you all you need to know about that program and their fans. They don't know how to handle it because they never considered it a possibility. It was a foregone conclusion that OSU would beat Michigan.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. These dudes on 11W posted something about how they "chose McCord over Mccarthy" and how they "chose Evan Pryor over Donovan Edwards". That's the level of delusion their fan base has. As if either of those 2 were interested in OSU, let alone I guarantee neither of them would have been told no.

What are they saying on the RCMB?

I assume they're like "oh, I guess we'll have to wait another week before we can say Michigan is a fraud."

Lol, I read the whole fucking thread just to see responses to certain points in the game. It was awesome. Everytime Michigan would do something good or OSU would fuck up, the response was, "the Big10 just sucks this year" or "OSU is keeping UM in the game, this should be a blowout." Same on 11 Warriors forum. Very few people gave Michigan credit for anything. No good passes by McCarthy, they were all fluke plays. Oh, I forgot about the holding our OLine did on the 2 big runs. That was RCMB, not the 11 Warriors fellas. After the 1st one, they were calling for Day's head.

Last edited:
I watched a YouTube video of a OSU fan watching the game. All decked out in OSU swag, including OSU gloves. The guy was at least in his 30s and you could see he had kiddie stickers on his walls behind him. I suspect he still lives with his mama. It was hilarious watching his reactions. He starts out all enthusiastic, and gradually becomes more and more depressed. By the end he took off his OSU hat and put it in front of the camera so you couldn't see him anymore. It was great.

Watched the last bit of the second quarter in an Ohio "restaurant" with Mrs. Byco when we stopped for lunch on the drive from MI to home. Her idea. Walked in just as C. Johnson was streaking to the EZ during his initial TD. Silence. When we were seated, Mrs. Byco says "should we cheer?" "Not out loud," says I.

Surrounded by OSU-chotsky-clad maniacs, we ate our mediocre Ohio nachos and left at the half. I wonder if there was anyone in the bar at the end of the game.

Last edited:
Watched the last bit of the second quarter in an Ohio "restaurant" with Mrs. Byco when we stopped for lunch on the drive from MI to home. Her idea. Walked in just as C. Johnson was streaking to the EZ during his initial TD. Silence. When we were seated, Mrs. Byco says "should we cheer?" "Not out loud," says I.

Surrounded by OSU-chotsky-clad maniacs, we ate our mediocre Ohio nachos and left at the half. I wonder if there was anyone in the bar at the end of the game.

Ha. Hitting a bar anywhere in Ohio after 2 pm last Saturday must have been like drinking in a Funeral Home.

some kids on twitter posted a video of an older male OSU fan (not clear if it was their dad, uncle or grandpa), absolutely freaking out while watching the game. Guy was shrieking like he was in pain.

From the TV screen, you realize he was having that breakdown after CJ's first TD! I think he must've been comatose by the time Edwards scored...

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched a YouTube video of a OSU fan watching the game. All decked out in OSU swag, including OSU gloves. The guy was at least in his 30s and you could see he had kiddie stickers on his walls behind him. I suspect he still lives with his mama. It was hilarious watching his reactions. He starts out all enthusiastic, and gradually becomes more and more depressed. By the end he took off his OSU hat and put it in front of the camera so you couldn't see him anymore. It was great.

He did that last year too. It's hilarious. I think the hat is how he signs off his videos.

Portnoy's highlight reel was pretty good. I would have punched him in his face if it was me, but being on the winning side makes it funny.

How often does Ryan Day dye his hair and beard?

EDIT: 11W FB is plotting on ways that OSU can beat GA. When it couldn't beat M at home. It is optimistic bc LSU passed for 502.

Here are some "pearls rolled across the floor," to quote one of my history professors at Michigan, may he rest in peace.

"It's time to draw up some 'QB draw plays' (sic) with some RPO mixed in." (Clearly GA has never seen that scheme.)
"Buckeyes should have at least 700 passing yards on the Bulldogs." (three college qbs have done this in the history of the sport.)
"Dawgs going to eat Buckeyes then die cause Buckeyes are Poisonous and Buckeyes going all the way." (???)

The OSU fan is entertaining, if nothing else.

Last edited:
In theory, OSU has enough talent to compete with them.

UGA is big on both lines, consistent and (supposedly) well-coached. They seem to be what Alabama was for most of the last decade. not sure how you game plan for that. Need lots of methodical scripting to find the weakness in every look they throw at you, AND get lucky too.

Day doesn't seem to have the depth for that, and other than 2014, even Urban struggled to beat SEC teams or Clemson in the playoffs, once the talent advantage he had in the Big Ten vanished.

I think we tried to matchup with them last year and just got methodically ground into submission... and someone here noted they had like 25 Five Star recruits to our 2 or 3... a 3 score deficit against them is insurmountable, if you don't have the talent to move the ball in chunks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back