Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

recently viewed movies (within the last week)

I just watched (via netflix) an old French film "The Wages of Fear" (1953). I give it 5 out of 5 stars. it was that good. The extended suspense scenes through the 2nd half of the movie were pretty amazing, and made you forget you were watching an old film, subtitled in English. It was remade in the 70's starring Roy Schieder, and apparently the remake was also good.

the Mr. Plow episode of the Simpson's spoofs the both versions, through the scenes when Homer has to drive up Mt. Springfield to rescue Barney.

We watched "Horrible Bosses" Saturday night. I thought it was pretty funny overall. I'd watch it again.

Havent watch many movies lately, but looking forward to buying Fast Five when I get a chance to go to the store. Loved it in theatres and can't wait for the 6th installment

Devil

After hearing how bad it was I thought it was ok. Nothing ground breaking but I was entertained. Wasn't like I ever thought about turning it off. It's one of those movies where I don't feel like I wasted my time but I wouldn't watch it again.

[quote author=beez board=movies thread=599 post=70692 time=1319732478]Devil

After hearing how bad it was I thought it was ok. Nothing ground breaking but I was entertained. Wasn't like I ever thought about turning it off. It's one of those movies where I don't feel like I wasted my time but I wouldn't watch it again

sometimes i feel like when you hear a movie is horrible it lowers your expectations and you end up thinking, "that wasnt so bad, I kinda liked it." and vice versa with good movies. You hear "Oh this movie was hilarious" you see it, and youre dissapointed.

doinwork83 said:
[quote author=beez board=movies thread=599 post=70692 time=1319732478]Devil

After hearing how bad it was I thought it was ok. Nothing ground breaking but I was entertained. Wasn't like I ever thought about turning it off. It's one of those movies where I don't feel like I wasted my time but I wouldn't watch it again

sometimes i feel like when you hear a movie is horrible it lowers your expectations and you end up thinking, "that wasnt so bad, I kinda liked it." and vice versa with good movies. You hear "Oh this movie was hilarious" you see it, and youre dissapointed.

Very true..thats why I always go into a movie with the mind set.. "I just want to be entertained." ..I don't expect every movie to be the comedy of my life time, or greatest story ever told. If it entertains me, it's done the job. Not every movie is going to be better than anything you've ever seen. I hate when people go into movies just to cut it down and find every little thing wrong with it. Whats the point?

Beez said:
I hate when people go into movies just to cut it down and find every little thing wrong with it. Whats the point?

well, I think it depends on whether you went voluntarily, or someone made you watch it.

like, when I had to go see "Sweet Home Alabama" with my then-girlfriend, I complained about how idiotic the premise was and how unbelievable the characters were.

or last christmas when my mom nagged me to watch "Legally Blond." I didn't want to watch it, and was all like "This is WAY too unrealistic for me. You know law school is nothing like this, right? I can't handle this! I'm going to go on a rampage unless you shut it off right now."

if you go to something voluntarily and don't like it, you can always just shut it off and walk away; you don't need to convince yourself it sucks though... unless maybe you have split personalities, and one of them likes it and the other doesn't.

When is Jean-Claude Van Damme going to make another movie?

MichChamp02 said:
Beez said:
I hate when people go into movies just to cut it down and find every little thing wrong with it. Whats the point?

well, I think it depends on whether you went voluntarily, or someone made you watch it.

like, when I had to go see "Sweet Home Alabama" with my then-girlfriend, I complained about how idiotic the premise was and how unbelievable the characters were.

or last christmas when my mom nagged me to watch "Legally Blond." I didn't want to watch it, and was all like "This is WAY too unrealistic for me. You know law school is nothing like this, right? I can't handle this! I'm going to go on a rampage unless you shut it off right now."

if you go to something voluntarily and don't like it, you can always just shut it off and walk away; you don't need to convince yourself it sucks though... unless maybe you have split personalities, and one of them likes it and the other doesn't.

Thats a good point but a little different than what I was getting at. I meant like people who saw the hangover and then willingly went to see tha hangover 2, only to ocme out saying..."The story was predicatable and was basically the same movie. Wasn't that good."

Like c'mon man, its a stupid comedy with nothing but punch lines..you went for the story? Really? Just go into the movie to laugh, laugh while you're in their, enjoy yourself and don't worry about every little detail of the movie.

I'm guessing in that case, people realized they needed some amount of originality in order to enjoy humor.

It's kinda like, if I came up to you and told you the same joke over and over again, you probably wouldn't laugh as hard or at all the 2nd time, and you definitely wouldn't laugh the 3rd time I told it.

Actually... maybe you would.

Probably would because I laughed harder at the 2nd hangover than the 1st, even though the 1st one is my favorite.

In the last week? Cedar Rapids, which was ok because of John C Reily...that is a funny dude, and Horrible Bosses, which I thought was funny as hell. A movie I really enjoyed was Real Steel. I took the kid to see it a few weeks back and was pleasantly surprised.

Just got done watching Thor. With a warrior named Thor there was a surprising a low amount of action. I'll give it 2.5 stars. Wouldn't recomment paying more than a buck to watch this. I paid $4.50 as a Vudu rental and feel like I got ripped off.

jesndave said:
We watched "Horrible Bosses" Saturday night. I thought it was pretty funny overall. I'd watch it again.

I liked it... Funny..

Call me a nerd, but I cant wait to rent part 8 of Harry Potter this weekend.

Back