Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 4 Hurricanes 3 shootout Final

JScottWriter

Wings were outplayed but came back down 2 in the 3rd and won in a SO.

No problem, I wouldn't even started a thread if it wasn't another nice comeback from the Wings.

I had thought the thread was made.. But nice win. I thought we had it in OT but Carolina's goalie made 2 jump out of your seat saves. Even as a Red Wing fan those were awesome. Nice to see Mantha get a couple. Frans Nielsen is just so good at the SO.

1st time they have overcome a multi-goal deficit to win three consecutive regular-season games in franchise history.

Hmmm I think last season they only won a single game after being down by 2.

Detroit's record when trailing after 2;

18-19: 3-7-0
17-18: 1-32-5
16-17: 3-30-1
15-16: 7-22-1 ......(last season with Datsyuk)
14-15: 11-19-3 .....(last season with Babcock)

AA and Mantha played great. One of them rare nights when Mantha is actually skating during a game instead of coasting. That's the player Mantha was projectd to be when he was drafted, if only he could have a consistent effort.

Back