Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Reiff Slipping

Arm length discussion should always involve Joe "T-rex" Thomas.

Millen again NEVER listened to his own scouts...he thought Goz was gonna be his future LT and when NE grabbed Mayo and Denver took Clady , Fat Matt panicked and dealt down a few picks and still went against his Scouts....Goz himself said Pre Draft he was more comfortable at RT...it was one of the stupidest picks Millen EVER made and Mayhew will discrd that trash after this year.

I'd take DeCastro and Glenn ahead of Rieff in a heartbeat and maybe even Jonathan Martin who is already NFL calibre pas protector.

Lions have a RT for 2013 on the roster his names Jeff Backus....no need for Rieff.

Found it funny that in one of his pressers Schwartz had this to say "we don't just randomly draft guys"

it's funny how before we drafted him, everyone was ripping on Reiff, but now everyone is in love.

I'm hoping to see a big year from Fairley. Healthy, OTA's, and all the other stuff that happens with being healthy.

Can I ask why Monster?

he came in out of shape, didn't really play that well (outside of a play here and there), then proceeded to get caught with weed in the offseason. What's that...3, 4 games he'll probably miss?

he's got a ton of talent, but i see him as lazy and money driven. hopefully he matures real quickly.

it's funny how before we drafted him, everyone was ripping on Reiff, but now everyone is in love.

I will say that I never once said anything bad about the guy on a forum... but privately I was telling myself "He won't be that good", "T-Rex Arms", "Should be playing RT not LT", etc...

And that my friend is because I never thought he'd slip to the Lions and I was trying to convince myself he wasn't that good anyway and we weren't missing out.

The first time I read, about a week before the draft, that he could slip to us I said "Oh, shit! I wish.. but never happen".

It's amazing how much you can convince yourself he's not the guy you want, when deep down, you'd love to have him but know you can't have him.

he came in out of shape, didn't really play that well (outside of a play here and there), then proceeded to get caught with weed in the offseason. What's that...3, 4 games he'll probably miss?

he's got a ton of talent, but i see him as lazy and money driven. hopefully he matures real quickly.

3-4 games?? Not a chance....

out of shape? i could be wrong but i don't recall seeing anything on that....although some of the reason could be because lockout no offseason workouts../and missed alot of training camp with a broken foot..as a rookie..which is also why he barely played..which he obviously wasn't faking the injury..because he started out the NO game on fire..but had to leave..and that was extremely late in the year..the pot i agree with..he needs to grow up there..

I will say that I never once said anything bad about the guy on a forum... but privately I was telling myself "He won't be that good", "T-Rex Arms", "Should be playing RT not LT", etc...

And that my friend is because I never thought he'd slip to the Lions and I was trying to convince myself he wasn't that good anyway and we weren't missing out.

The first time I read, about a week before the draft, that he could slip to us I said "Oh, shit! I wish.. but never happen".

It's amazing how much you can convince yourself he's not the guy you want, when deep down, you'd love to have him but know you can't have him.

I experienced this in 2006. It was known as Ted Ginn syndrome.

i don't care. even if he doesn't miss time, we know what to expect from him now. Get paid, do whatever the fuck you want to, and do just enough to stick with the team.

Well, Monster, I remember you saying you didn't like Fairley the second we drafted him. I'm not sure about money driven, not like he asked for a new contract all ready. Lol. I hate guys that come out of shape but with the shorten pre-season, guys across the league weren't prepared/out of shape?

Btw, you don't see him getting 3-4 games for weed, do ya? The guy that got caught with 2-3 pounds of it only got 3 games. Smoking it, not sure he gets more than a game.

Soooooo Jerome Simpson gets 2.5 pounds of weed sent to him that's being tracked by the FBI and only gets 3 games.... I can't believe that a dude driving around smoking and trying to eat some weed gets more games than Simpson. It doesn't help it was his second time in a month getting caught but damn double the game of J Simpson would be crazy.

Back