Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Reyes

stonecold2136

The guy is gonna get a Carl Crawford type contract.

Count the Tigers out on Reyes

Wonder why the Brewers wouldn't throw money at their current guy Fielder instead of Reyes. Or is it Feiders idea to leave?

SI.com's Jon Heyman reports that the Brewers are "now targeting" free agent shortstop Jose Reyes.
The Brewers cut ties with shortstop Yuniesky Betancourt at the end of the 2011 season, so they have an opening at the position. But Reyes is likely to command one of the richest contracts on the market this winter, and it would shock the baseball world if the Brewers were to win the bidding. The Marlins and Giants are known to have serious interest in the dynamic 28-year-old.

if they want him , they better back the truck up.

I've seen a couple articles saying the Marlins are going after him and may then trade off Hanley Ramirez. Count me in on the trade for HanRam bandwagon!

kingofdetroit57 said:
I've seen a couple articles saying the Marlins are going after him and may then trade off Hanley Ramirez. Count me in on the trade for HanRam bandwagon!

I read this AM that HanRam is amenable to being moved from SS to 2B or 3B in deference to Reyes, apparently the Marlins are looking to make a big splash in the FA market for their new ballpark and may also take a stab @ Fielder, looks like it might be an great off-season for some FA, whose agents could prey upon these clubs desperation to add talent and help their $tar client$ $ign some pretty big bux contract$.

Hanley would be a great pick up ....maybe get him at a discount cause of last year. I am all in an Hanley if he is available.

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
#marlins are also deadly serious about reyes. (@clarkspencer said they contacted him 12:)1 am thurs). #tigers also possible

stonecold2136 said:
Hanley would be a great pick up ....maybe get him at a discount cause of last year. I am all in an Hanley if he is available.

Except what happens if we pick him up and he's the same as last year?

Another dead bat we will be forced to play everyday.

No thanks, I don't trust him anymore than I would Adam Dunn to all of a sudden turn it around and be good again.

MI_Thumb said:
stonecold2136 said:

No thanks, I don't trust him anymore than I would Adam Dunn to all of a sudden turn it around and be good again.
Pull up his career numbers. He's a beast and clearly needs a change of scenery from last year. I'm not sure Ozzie is the guy to provide that either.

kingofdetroit57 said:
MI_Thumb said:

Pull up his career numbers. He's a beast and clearly needs a change of scenery from last year. I'm not sure Ozzie is the guy to provide that either.

I know what his career numbers are.

Read what I posted....he put up horrible numbers last year, you're assuming next year he'll be back to his old average, but that's a pretty big gamble, and a horrible loss if he doesn't.

And I don't think "a change of scenery" changes his skills one bit, for him to drop off that bad makes me think something bigger is involved.

Hanley is Lazy... Please leave him alone and don't waste players or money on him.

If you can get him on the cheap why not. But he also dropped from 2009 to 2010 so maybe a trend? But a career .400 OBP would be nice on this team.

Hanley had a terrible year, no doubt. But the guy is a top 5 player in the league, if you can get him, you empty the cupboard to do it.

I don't understand the logic of preferring Reyes to Ramirez. Pretty shocking.

JimRice said:
Hanley had a terrible year, no doubt. But the guy is a top 5 player in the league, if you can get him, you empty the cupboard to do it.

I don't understand the logic of preferring Reyes to Ramirez. Pretty shocking.

I don't prefer one to the other, I prefer neither. the simple fact is however much money is available, Reyes would command too large a part of it, and Hanley would cost us every prospect, plus some MLB players, which is too rich a deal to take on a player that seems to be rapidly declining.

hanley is also horrible in the field and we're trying to get better on defense, not worse.

Spockmaster said:
hanley is also horrible in the field and we're trying to get better on defense, not worse.

Says who? I'll take good hitter suspect defense over average fielding bad offense anyday.

Hanley could have a huge bouceback season. Everyone knows he quit playing for his manager a year and a half ago. JL is the perfect manager for a guy like this.

With a bad year in 2010, his price in a trade could be at a huge discount. I am all in on Hanley.

Nick Castellanos, Al Alburquerque and a low A prospect might be enough to get Hanley.

Last year at this time it would have taken Porcello,Turner and A - Jax

All I know is it'd be better to have Ramirez than not having him.

Back