Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ridley a Lion

jdeb

Just came over the wire.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

He'll be the hammer in this offense. Still young but needs to hold onto the rock.

This is really the first move I'm not loving. Declining every year, and looked bad last year after coming back from ACL and MCL the previous year.

I'm assuming it will be a super cheap 1 year deal, which is very low risk for the Lions. If that is the case then the signing would be at least understandable. I'm thinking he will be a non-factor for the season.

Like you said it should be a cheap one year deal. We have AA and now we have a power back to push ZZ.

Yeah, if its a one year deal with no guarantees......then its basically nothing more than an invitation to camp.

The Lions fine tradition of signing a star running back two years after he stopped being worth a shit.

Detroit: Home of Recycled Running Backs since 1999

The Lions fine tradition of signing a star running back two years after he stopped being worth a shit.

Detroit: Home of Recycled Running Backs since 1999

I really cant remember us doing that more than twice.

Greg Hill - the guy who replaced Barry.....was probably past his prime.
Reggie Bush - ehhhh.....I guess you could say a couple years past.

James Stewart - We were his prime
Kevin Jones - Rookie
Kevin Smith - Rookie
Jahvid Best - Rookie
Joique Bell - We were his prime
Ameer Abdullah - Rookie

I cant remember any other "star" running backs we've recycled. And Hill was certainly no star!!!

Rudi Johnson and Tatum Bell come to mind for me when I think of Recycled RB's.

If he is healthy, he can be a productive back. Low risk, high reward. No problem with it at all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Meh, I wouldn't expect him to do much any chance Elliot be there at 16 or Trade up and get him!

I have one really fond memory of Olandis Gary in the Lions uniform. Forgot who it was against, but the team handed him the ball and we were at the opponents' 7 or 8 year line. For some ungodly reason, he tried to hurdle at the line when they handed him the ball, not sure if he thought he was at the 1. Fell flat on his face at the 5.

Back