Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ridley visiting Lions, signs, and is now released

Low risk, potential high reward offer coming? He is 27 and supposedly 100% healthy.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/03/29/detroit-lions-stevan-ridley/82370606/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Fumbling issues got him in the doghouse with the Patriots if I remember correctly. Now, we'd have 2 guys that can't hold onto the football....ugh. That's scary.

If he could clean that problem up then he would be a nice complimentary back to AA. Can't have 2 guys with fumbling issues though....

Last edited:
Fumbling issues got him in the doghouse with the Patriots if I remember correctly. Now, we'd have 2 guys that can't hold onto the football....ugh. That's scary.

If he could clean that problem up then he would be a nice complimentary back to AA. Can't have 2 guys with fumbling issues though....

AA really seemed to clean up the fumbling issues in the second half of the season.

Last edited:
I think it will be either Washington or Winn but not both. I think Washington has a lot more up side but Winn can bring more on ST right now

5 is too many. Rbs are a dime a dozen.

Who goes then?? Abdullah, Riddick are 100% in. Now you got, Zenner, Washington, Winn and Burton. Do you say bye to the FB and Winn? Winn does play STs. They might have to roll with 5 or 6 lol. I`m thinking 5 for sure and Winn is gone....

Abdullah, Riddick, Zenner, Winn and Burton make it. Washington to the practice squad. That's my guess.

Abdullah, Riddick, Zenner, Winn and Burton make it. Washington to the practice squad. That's my guess.

Id keep Washington over Zenner. Zenner was a nice little feel good story on a crappy team. He should never see the field over Abdullah or Riddick. Who has more ST upside?...Zenner or Washington. That should be the question.

Id keep Abdullah, Riddick, Washington, Burton. Peace out to the rest.

Seventh-round RB Dwayne Washington is expected to make the Lions' 53-man roster.
Washington's odds got a huge boost when the Lions cut Stevan Ridley loose. "I’ve been impressed with some of the things he’s done," OC Jim Bob Cooter said. "When the guy gets the ball, he does impressive things." Washington figures to open the year behind Zach Zenner for No. 3 duties, but is an elite athlete. He has eight carries for 34 yards through two preseason games. Aug 25 - 4:57 PM
Source: Detroit Free Press

Both are making the team, it looks like Wynn for the loss.

RIP Winn he hasn't been good enough to be on the team the past couple of seasons let alone when we have this type of depth...

Back