Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Dr. Egon Spengler

bXNkNvI.jpg

I watched Stripes while laid up recovering the other week. Definitely better on cable and a great, great movie. Also his work on Animal House and Caddyshack and directing Vacation - has to be a top comedy mind of past few decades.

I read an interview where he credited John Belushi for helping him develop his own humor. he said when they were on stage together in Second City in Chicago, he realized there was no way he could compete with Belushi's energy, so he resigned himself to being the quiet guy who lobbed an occasional joke in there for maximum comedic effect. he said it was the only way he could still have a place on stage with Belushi.

it served him well in Ghostbusters, Stripes, etc. when paired with Bill Murray

I haven't seen Groundhog Day in a while. for some reason, it was on TV a lot when I was a freshman, and I remember it being our go-to thing to watch sometimes in the dorms. it seemed to always be on TBS or some station like that.

come to think of it, I haven't seen it since then.

Back