Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rob Bironas killed in car crash

He had worked out for the Lions earlier this week. Sounds like he was dicking around...and/or drunk.

Metro Nashville Police said Bironas, 36, lost control on a curve in his 2009 GMC Yukon Denali and crashed after 11 p.m. Saturday less than a mile from home. Police said in a statement on the department website that his SUV was speeding when it went off the road and hit a line of trees before coming to a stop upside down in a culvert.

Yeah I saw that Tony... That is so damn sad.... It really is weird how fate can sometimes play apart on weather you live or die.. Or maybe it plays almost 99% of it... Heck I have no clue... But if the Lions sign him he lives probably right? I did not read the full story was he going to fast did he fall asleep.... It just suck he was still a young man....Fate,bad luck, all of the above....

Yeah I saw that Tony... That is so damn sad.... It really is weird how fate can sometimes play apart on weather you live or die.. Or maybe it plays almost 99% of it... Heck I have no clue... But if the Lions sign him he lives probably right? I did not read the full story was he going to fast did he fall asleep.... It just suck he was still a young man....Fate,bad luck, all of the above....

Maybe he lives or maybe he doesn't. I have always felt that when it's your turn to then you're going. Read he was going too fast before the accident. Who knows. Booze? Showing off? Not a clue. It is a sad story though.

Maybe he lives or maybe he doesn't. I have always felt that when it's your turn to then you're going. Read he was going too fast before the accident. Who knows. Booze? Showing off? Not a clue. It is a sad story though.

Im guessing suicide. He worked out for the Lions on Thursday so you have to figure when he didn't get a contract that day the way Freese was playing... how low can ya go?

I know, we're not supposed to make jokes about the dead, but I didn't know the guy. Sad yes, but not sad to me personally.

Im guessing suicide. He worked out for the Lions on Thursday so you have to figure when he didn't get a contract that day the way Freese was playing... how low can ya go?

I know, we're not supposed to make jokes about the dead, but I didn't know the guy. Sad yes, but not sad to me personally.

Dude...

Not sad on a personal level. Jokes though? To each his own..

The more I hear, the worse this sounds. It is sounding like the guy just lost it, which is definitely a sad deal. Mental health gets laughed at and made fun of, but it's something that we should be more focused on improving as a society. There are way too many people on the brink or stepping over it these days, and it typically ends bad for everybody involved or around them when it happens.

I'm sure his family will sue the NFL citing brain damage from too many concussions!

Last edited:
from the stories that I have read he was chasing the kids, then came across a couple at a stop sign then proceeded to speed away from that stop sign and crashed moments later. The couple at the stop sign found his car up the road a mile or so.

Sounds like either he completely lost his mind or he was on something. Strange.

Even weirder. His wife says that she "turned over" and he was gone? Turned over? Wtf? Were they in bed? Did she fall asleep? He was gone for a couple of hours. She didn't notice? Weird story....just trying to play detective...sorry.

Back