Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Romney Could Be Set Up to Run Away With It

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="TinselWolverine":d6emiwqu]Cool, Tnanks KC!

What do you think of my current sig?

I figured it was Spanish for Tinsel in ..... so I used my on line translator.
Tinsel in Texas? [/quote:d6emiwqu]

Yes but no, I meant the sig...the big photogeraphic visual on every post.

Maybe you block those; some people post that they do....

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="KalineCountry":rhobffk2]

I figured it was Spanish for Tinsel in ..... so I used my on line translator.
Tinsel in Texas?

Yes but no, I meant the sig...the big photogeraphic visual on every post.

Maybe you block those; some people post that they do....

[/quote:rhobffk2]

Yeah I was referring to your name in avatar.
The pic is where Briggs/Tiger Stadium once was.

SLICK said:
tycobb420 said:
CNN has him at 37 in SC. The RCP average is 32. Santorum at 22, Newt at 18, Perry 5, and Huntsman 1.5.

He won't get over 30%........

didn't think his schtick would play well down South.
cool.png

SLICK said:
SLICK said:
He won't get over 30%........

cool.png

His "schtick" did not have anything to do with the results. Two events intervened. First, Romney bungled the tax issue. Second, the ABC interview boomeranged. Instead of hurting Gingrich, it helped him by creating a rallying event. People rallied to Newt, whom all of a sudden became a victim.

tycobb420 said:
SLICK said:
cool.png

His "schtick" did not have anything to do with the results. Two events intervened. First, Romney bungled the tax issue. Second, the ABC interview boomeranged. Instead of hurting Gingrich, it helped him by creating a rallying event. People rallied to Newt, whom all of a sudden became a victim.

couldn't give a fuck for the reason....knew weeks ago he wasn't hitting 30% in S.C.

hopefully the both of them keep kicking the shit out of one another for another few months.

SLICK said:
tycobb420 said:

couldn't give a fuck for the reason....knew weeks ago he wasn't hitting 30% in S.C.

hopefully the both of them keep kicking the shit out of one another for another few months.

You did not "know" because it did not happen. You suspected. If events would not have played out the way they did, he might have broken 30, but we will never know.

tycobb420 said:
SLICK said:

You did not "know" because it did not happen. You suspected. If events would not have played out the way they did, he might have broken 30, but we will never know.

nah....I knew....hence I posted it like 10 days ago ;)

Mormons don't play well down in Hicksville , where your sisters your cousin and your mothers your aunt.

doesn't look like it's going to be a good night for Mittens already lost Missouri , down big in Minnesota....not sure about Colorado

if he is the best they got...how the fuck did he get tuned by a , gay hating born again christian tonight ?

You know Santorum really got screwed on the Iowa debacle. If they would have counted right the 1st time he would have been a front runner and the money would have flowed to him. Romney and the party leadership pulled a fast one that likely netted Mitt tens of millions in campaign money.

Tonight's results show that Mitt might have some trouble in middle America.

SLICK said:
doesn't look like it's going to be a good night for Mittens already lost Missouri , down big in Minnesota....not sure about Colorado

if he is the best they got...how the fuck did he get tuned by a , gay hating born again christian tonight ?

no, not a gay hating christian..oh my

martmay said:
SLICK said:

no, not a gay hating christian..oh my

really....the guy once compared gay relationships to child rape and dog fucking.

He really used the words "dog fucking"? Wow, can I see that link?

KAWDUP said:
He really used the words "dog fucking"? Wow, can I see that link?

Maybe it was beastiality...that could be a dog, a cat, a parrot or an armadillo...

If he said at all.

Some of these people this board are loose interpretationists.

What he specifically said was that it wasn't the same thing:

"In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing."

From this AP interview, about 2/3 of the way down, in response to the question "OK, without being too gory or graphic, so if somebody is homosexual, you would argue that they should not have sex?"

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-04-23-santorum-excerpt_x.htm

Not surprising to strident partisans opposed to social conservatives use this awkward juxtiposition on Santorum's part against him.

That said, there's little chance I'd vote for Santorum for anything.

how "man on dog" even came out of his mouth baffles me...what was the thought process ?

Santorum is notorious in interviews for covering his homophobia by interjecting "policy" and Court rulings...in an interview with Piers Morgan he rambled on for 5 minutes about policy , when Morgan asked him a simple question "if he thought being gay was a sin".....after his long winded rambling he finally said ya , he believed it was a moral sin.

The idea is that the state doesn't have rights to limit individuals' wants and passions. I disagree with that.

Enjoy your Santorum bed checks. It better be strictly missionary.

Well, back when this thread was started it may have been a little premature....that said...the inevitability of Romney's nomination seems more inevitable than ever.

Back