Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ron Paul Says Tough Luck Tornado Victims

Ron Paul's message resonates because government HAS gotten too big and legislation too complex. (That blame can be lain at the feet of both parties.) An isolationist foreign policy also resonates with a lot of people, as does decriminalizing drugs.

BUT...when he sticks to his strict Libertarian mantra, (which makes him look principled in a field of flip floppers) and a real world example that contradicts the whole schtick arises it kinda goes off the rails (Let them die!). In all honesty strict adherence to a conceptual inflexible design never works in reality.

MichChamp02 said:
hey, you poke me, I poke ya right back.

Nice dodge. How about answering the question now?

Do you care one way or the other about the executives getting 6 figure bonuses when the green energy company they work for is actually going bankrupt? Shouldn't those bonuses go to the laid off workers insead? I thought you were preaching to the forum in that post, and might want to shed some light on your belief about these other companies doing the same thing you mention.

. . . and the double-standard, selective moral outrage, and hypocrisy grows. [superfluous comma included?]

In my best Sid the Sloth voice.

Any of this ringin' a bell?

<<right now business is bigger than government.>>

<<to do what Wall Street did... to demand billions of dollars as a "bailout" to fix your incompetent and often fraudulent management of your own risk, and get it.>>

<<then demand no strings attached, no ownership interest for taxpayers... and get it.>>

<<then demand there be no restrictions on bonuses paid out of the bailout money received... and get it...>>

Right no similarities whatsoever. Is the sky blue in your world?

Back