Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ron Paul's Legal Illegal Drugs

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
smayschmouthfootball said:
No. Are you going to mainline heroin at the first opportunity after it becomes legal in your state?

The minute hairoin gets legal I'm gonna run out and mainline me some....

I'm going to snort it like that chick in Pulp Fiction.

(just so a Scientologist will shove a big needle through my heart)

Also, I'm not a fan of needles.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="TinselWolverine":24j32y8m]

The minute hairoin gets legal I'm gonna run out and mainline me some....

Also, I'm not a fan of needles.[/quote:24j32y8m]

You've never had a huge needle shoved into your heart to inject iit with adreniline while you were in cardiac arrest from snorting hairoin?

You gotta try it man.

It's some trippy shit.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":e8msg563]

Also, I'm not a fan of needles.

You've never had a huge needle shoved into your heart to inject iit with adreniline while you were in cardiac arrest from snorting hairoin?

You gotta try it man.

It's some trippy shit.[/quote:e8msg563]

It's on my Bucket List.

So's O.D.'ing on Eric Stoltz's living room carpet, so you know...that'd be a twofer.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="TinselWolverine":5qg37yq6]

You gotta try it man.

It's some trippy shit.

It's on my Bucket List.

So's O.D.'ing on Eric Stoltz's living room carpet, so you know...that'd be a twofer.[/quote:5qg37yq6]

Exactly.

Sign me up to legalize all of it and tax the hell out of to pay down the debt... Heck I am 50 and I see me going to my local cocaine store for a pick me up once a month..... God it was fun to be in my 20's. Do everything responsibly .... This may be the one good policy Paul has.. In all seriousness i don't think the statistics back up either way till it gets tried... My wife's mother-in-law is a full blown alcoholic and it ruined her relationship with my wife.. Heck i got a call on the day my wife was graduating from high school that in a drunk rage her mother was kicking her out of the house. At that time she was both a drug addict and a alcoholic.. Now all she does is drink and think she has been forgiven for all the crap she pulled back then. I think booze is way worse then say weed... And the Cigarette companies make profits giving people cancer... Go figure... Really i can go both ways on this issue but like was mentioned above the war on drugs is a joke and we have the one of the highest incarceration rates in the world....

Drug laws at the Federal level don't work. Letting states decide the laws would be great. Do you think any state would actually legalize heroin? No.

Prescription drugs are abused a lot as well even though they are "legal".

Our jails are already overpopulated with people who are not criminals. They are people who did not infringe on the civil liberties of others yet they are in jail.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
cheeno said:
I fail to see how the legality of drugs would have effected the outcome of those you have mentioned. Drug addicts will become drug addicts regardless of whether something is illegal. And as for the robbery, someone who is conducting one criminal act (drug use) is now willing to commit another? Shocked. The money spent on the drug war since the 80s could put those people in rehab 100 times over. It is a failed policy, just as prohibition of alcohol was.

You have to prove to me that non-drug addicts will suddenly become drug addicts once drugs are decriminalized.

what i'm saying is that illegal drugs are much more dangerous than alcohol.

You don't think that something that was once illegal becoming legal would make a lot of people want to try it? You don't think the drug makers are going to advertise? It would happen and it would be bad.

As far as my friend goes, when he was sober, the guy was probably the most trustworthy person I've ever met. He made good money and was saving up to put a deposit on a house. Hung out with one of his old friends, got pressured into using, and that was when he started his downward spiral.

And I forget who said that Paul just wants to let the states decide if the drugs are legal or not, but he's also said that they SHOULD be legal. I know that this would never have a remote chance of happening, but it definitely shows his true self.

Weed is illegal and not more dangerous than alcohol imo. Theres really no reason why it isnt legal yet. For people to pay taxes so a bunch of pot heads can fill our jails is a bunch of garbage.

Its a fact....the more potheads free on the streets and not in jail....then the more sales for fast food joints and convenient stores and POOOOF the economy is better. Put a Weedbucks on every corner and POOOOOF youre a billionaire. Its the american way and the government and there stupid rules and regulations are standing in the way of capitolism!

I could see legalizing most drugs, I just can't make an argument for Meth to be legal.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/01/kentwood_police_say_bockheim_k.html

Weed is a no brainer to me. Recently here in Grand Rapids a man was shot and killed while a passenger in a car as he and a friend were purchasing weed in a parking lot. Many people here responded with, "see, weed is dangerous too, it should stay illegal." Just the opposite is true, if weed were legal, these men would have never been in some shady parking lot dealing with gangsters and thugs in the 1st place. Legalizing weed would kill the black market and make all of us safer.

The War on drugs has failed, the harder it is fought the more lucrative the black market is and the more dangerous the criminals who sell drugs will be. It has resulted in a police state in many communities where young men are locked up for drugs at alarming rates. The War on Drugs is the threat to America and our freedom, not the drugs themselves.

Thinking making anything legal will eliminate the black market for it is just retarded.

Repealing the 18th amendment (prohibition) did not stop hillbillies from making, transporting, and selling moonshine.

DVD's and CD's are legal, yet there is a huge black market, billions of dollars worth.

If you want to argue for legalization of pot, or other drugs fine, but take that weak ass argument that government regulation would change a fucking thing and GTFO, you think all the cartels and suppliers are just going to say, fuck it the USA got us by the balls lets just lay down and take it?

Drugs will become cheaper, more dangerous, and more plentiful on the black market, not the other way around.

MI_Thumb said:
Thinking making anything legal will eliminate the black market for it is just retarded.

Repealing the 18th amendment (prohibition) did not stop hillbillies from making, transporting, and selling moonshine.

DVD's and CD's are legal, yet there is a huge black market, billions of dollars worth.

If you want to argue for legalization of pot, or other drugs fine, but take that weak ass argument that government regulation would a fucking thing and GTFO, you think all the cartels and suppliers are just going to say, fuck it the USA got us by the balls lets just lay down and take it?

Drugs will become cheaper, more dangerous, and more plentiful on the black market, not the other way around.

I agree with you to a point, legalization of drugs won't eliminate the black market but in pot's case it would cripple it. I haven't had the urge to run out and get some moonshine because my Jack is too expensive.

cheeno said:
MI_Thumb said:

If you want to argue for legalization of pot, or other drugs fine, but take that weak ass argument that government regulation would a fucking thing and GTFO, you think all the cartels and suppliers are just going to say, fuck it the USA got us by the balls lets just lay down and take it?

I agree with you to a point, legalization of drugs won't eliminate the black market but in pot's case it would cripple it. I haven't had the urge to run out and get some moonshine because my Jack is too expensive.

If Pot was legalized, the cost would go up, it would be taxed to death, it would be bland, government contract grown skunkweed.

There would still be a market for more exotic strains, which would be untaxed, and cheaper, and since making it legal would increase demand, the black market would not be crippled, it would thrive.

MI_Thumb said:
cheeno said:

If Pot was legalized, the cost would go up, it would be taxed to death, it would be bland, government contract grown skunkweed.

There would still be a market for more exotic strains, which would be untaxed, and cheaper, and since making it legal would increase demand, the black market would not be crippled, it would thrive.

Pot is legal for Medical use and it's driven the cost down and the quality up. In Amsterdam there is cheap marijuana of the very highest quality for dirt cheap.

They would just let licensed people grow it, kind of like they do now with medical Marijuana in Michigan, which incidentally has brought in millions in fees to the state. It's hurt the black market too as no one wants to buy crappy Mexican dirt weed anymore with reasonably priced Hydro available after spilling over into the regular market. Full legalization would cripple the black market, drive down price, and increase variety and quality. Good pot is not that difficult or expensive to grow.

Back