Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ronnie Bell Returning

I figured he would be back but it's great to hear he will be. I hate that he was injured, especially when it means that he wasn't able to participate in this turnaround.

I figured he would be back but it's great to hear he will be. I hate that he was injured, especially when it means that he wasn't able to participate in this turnaround.

He has been participating by helping the other WRs develop. A true Leader and absolutely part of the turnaround. His focus and advice has been immeasurable IMO.

He has been participating by helping the other WRs develop. A true Leader and absolutely part of the turnaround. His focus and advice has been immeasurable IMO.

You knew what I meant. He has been contributing, no doubt about it. I'm sure he will be a coach on Jim's staff in the future. Damn fine kid and captain.

You knew what I meant. He has been contributing, no doubt about it. I'm sure he will be a coach on Jim's staff in the future. Damn fine kid and captain.

Yes, but I wanted to clarify it. I agree he has a potential coaching future.

I also believe that a person goes to a next level when they teach / coach others something. His skills were obviously already really good, and next year he will be seeing plays developing in a masterful way. He is setting himself up for an incredible amount of success next year, well beyond what he likely would have experienced this year and he was already showing signs of being a round 1 pick. He might win the Heisman and first WR drafted in 2023.

It would be a pretty cool story and a hell of a recruiting pitch to take a kid who had no other offers for football and had been planning on playing basketball and turning him into a first rounder. Hell of a lot better than taking the number 9 recruit and turning him into a 6th rounder (and to Cleveland for that matter). I know a lot of the issues with DPJ could be tied to QB play, but guys like Collins and Bell were able to overcome that.

Glad he's going to be back. Assuming there's not a ton of transfers, that is going to be a stacked receiver group next year.

Kind of amazing that when Ronnie Bell went down, all the write-ups were along the lines of "Michigan went 2-4 last year, has no great players on either side of the ball, other than maybe, MAYBE Aidan Hutchinson, and their best offensive player just went down."

Shows how much the pundits - or fans, or anyone really - knows about shit.

I think in a sport with 11 men on the field, team chemistry and cohesion matters a lot more than individual star power, most of the time, and it showed Saturday.

Stroud and his 3 NFL-bound receivers could do a lot, but they couldn't overcome the entire defense.

Their receiver's certainly made some plays that kept them in the game. The TD catch Wilson made over Grey and the catch Smith-Njigba made were phenomenal catches and kept them in the game. But you're absolutely right, they can only make so many. It certainly helps to have athletes, but the team chemistry this year is what made this team successful. I don't recall a single instance where you saw a defensive breakdown folled by our guys pointing fingers at one another. There's certainly been no instances where the head coach is calling out coaches and players for mistakes in press conferences.

Not to say that there haven't been failures here and there, but they pick each other up and that makes it a lot easier to keep playing when you know that your teammates have your back.

Back