Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ronnie Brown a Lion

bestisbest

The Eagles have traded Ronnie Brown to the Lions for Jerome Harrison and a 2013 draft pick.

Maybe Detroit is a little more concerned about Jahvid than I was hoping. Kid keeps having too many concussions. I was expecting Harrison to take over screen duties while Best missed time. Not sure how I feel about this yet.

I like the deal. He is no Payton Hillis, but he is the big back we needed. The guy has a 1,000 yard year, and was the 2nd overall pick in 05'. Hes got talent and should be a good 1-2 punch with Best.

Well, I'm glad to know that they care enough to admit that the guys we have aren't getting it done. If we could just get about 80 rushing yards/game from anybody on the roster we would be pretty set for this year. I hope like hell that Ronnie has something left.

Mayhew does have a track record with taking guys other teams feel are washed up and turning them back into solid players(Houston, C.Williams, Scheffler, A.Smith) I trust Mayhew has a good feeling about Ronnie.

Like the pickup. Fits well with what we need. Can push the pile and catch balls out of the backfield.

He's a big back with speed who can hit the hole hard. I like it, but I wonder what he has left in the tank.

johnny2x2x said:
He's a big back with speed who can hit the hole hard. I like it, but I wonder what he has left in the tank.

Just need him for one year. We will use him as we would have used leshore... hopefully leshore recovers next year and brown will be replaced,

If we are going to do anything this year it won't be because of the run game. Face Facts.

sunnydlitex123 said:
Like the pickup. Fits well with what we need. Can push the pile and catch balls out of the backfield.
but we just have to kick him from the habit of when he runs and catches the ball not to try to toss it back but then it becomes a fumble

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]Mayhew does have a track record with taking guys other teams feel are washed up and turning them back into solid players(Houston, C.Williams, Scheffler, A.Smith) I trust Mayhew has a good feeling about Ronnie.

I wouldn't say any of those players were washed up.. That's just crazy. Houston and Carlton were incredibly young and played very well at times but got beat bad sometimes. Their teams gave up on them much too quick... Scheffler was a beast and had one bad year then got traded to us and Williams was great in GB and then got thrown in a 3-4 in Cleveland... Nobody was washed up... Wrong fits of scheme, coaching, or just lack of faith from management.

hopefully ronnie can make an impact with us..hes a bigger back..who has had some success...glad we picked him up

Back