Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rooney rule

Teryl Austin is the new DC for the Steelers. Good for him. Hope he gets a head coaching job at some point instead of sham interviews.

Was not no, I?m just tired of everything always got be about race. We gotta move past this the Rooney rule has to go, the rule itself is racist

If I were a black coach maybe just start declining interview request if you believe you?re just being used to check a box. There is no doubt that is occurring here and there

Right...but youre making it sound like you dont think theres a problem. If there wasnt a problem that strikes a nerve with an entire race of people...than it wouldnt be a story. You cant deny 1 out of 32. Theres really nothing anyone can say when those are the numbers.

The Rooney Rule was put in place to get quality black talent infront of GMs and Ownership groups. Which it does accomplish. The fact it got turned into a check the box fake interview rule just goes to show that maybe theres more racism in the NFL HQs than you think.

Last edited:
Right...but youre making it sound like you dont think theres a problem. If there wasnt a problem that strikes a nerve with an entire race of people...than it wouldnt be a story. You cant deny 1 out of 32. Theres really nothing anyone can say when those are the numbers.

The Rooney Rule was put in place to get quality black talent infront of GMs and Ownership groups. Which it does accomplish. The fact it got turned into a check the box fake interview rule just goes to show that maybe theres more racism in the NFL HQs than you think.

What the NFL needs are more black owners..again Denver is up for sales, there?s an opportunity. I wish the fords would sell they lions, that would create another opportunity

Last edited:
What the NFL needs are more black owners..again Denver is up for sales, there?s an opportunity. I wish the fords would sell they lions, that would create another opportunity

As i believe Shaq said before...there is a difference between being rich and being wealthy. Theres simply not that many wealthy black investors that can afford purchasing one of the most exclusive franchises on the planet. Initial groups i heard were interested in purchasing the Broncos were:
1- Alec Gores. A white, billionaire, beverly hills businessman
2- A Group of investors led by Peyton Manning and John Elway....both white

As i believe Shaq said before...there is a difference between being rich and being wealthy. Theres simply not that many wealthy black investors that can afford purchasing one of the most exclusive franchises on the planet. Initial groups i heard were interested in purchasing the Broncos were:
1- Alec Gores. A white, billionaire, beverly hills businessman
2- A Group of investors led by Peyton Manning and John Elway....both white

so maybe an issue that goes beyond the NFL can't be solved by the NFL?

so maybe an issue that goes beyond the NFL can't be solved by the NFL?

This is very much it. And that issue runs FAR too deep.....and has nothing to do with the NFL. It's not as if they're turning away interested black investors.....unfortunately there just aren't that many interested/willing/able to make the purchase.

It is an issue.....just not the NFL's.

Someone call Jay Z and Kanye......that would be an interesting ownership group.

Last edited:
Mike McDaniel is 1/2 black and the 49ers get (2) 3rd round picks. Whitest black guy ever?...next to the 2 chicks from white chicks he honestly might be the whitest black guy ever.

McDaniel joins the Dolphins after four seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, having served as the team's offensive coordinator in 2021. The 49ers will receive a third-round pick in each of the next two drafts as part of the NFL's diversity development and hiring incentive program.

Mike McDaniel is 1/2 black and the 49ers get (2) 3rd round picks. Whitest black guy ever?...next to the 2 chicks from white chicks he honestly might be the whitest black guy ever.

McDaniel joins the Dolphins after four seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, having served as the team's offensive coordinator in 2021. The 49ers will receive a third-round pick in each of the next two drafts as part of the NFL's diversity development and hiring incentive program.

holy shit! I read that he was bi-racial but no way would I have guessed he was part black. The guy is lily white. :lmao:

Instead of the Rooney rule wouldn?t it just make more sense to make a rule that the Lions have to have a black head coach until the team gets to the Super Bowl?

Because no matter who they hire next, the Lions already can?t get any worse.

Plus the black guy was the only HC to have a winning record with the Lions in the literally last freakin? half century.

I think the NFL has finally found a system that might be working. The "interview a black guy" was just a sham and probably insulting. The rule in place that gives draft pick compensation to the team that loses a minority coach or front office person when they get hired away is probably the best way to get teams to hire good minority candidates and to groom them to become even better. I think this is the 3rd year in a row that the 49ers have had a minority hired away and each time they have received 2 third round picks as compensation.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35468256/titans-hiring-49ers-ran-carthon-gm-sources-say

Last edited:
I think the NFL has finally found a system that might be working. The "interview a black guy" was just a sham and probably insulting. The rule in place that gives draft pick compensation to the team that loses a minority coach or front office person when they get hired away is probably the best way to get teams to hire good minority candidates and to groom them to become even better. I think this is the 3rd year in a row that the 49ers have had a minority hired away and each time they have received 2 third round picks as compensation.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35468256/titans-hiring-49ers-ran-carthon-gm-sources-say

who do the third round picks come from? the teams with the most white coaches?

Back