Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Roy Oswalt

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Says he will take a 1 year contract to prove he is healthy.
No bad one year contracts...well, maybe here if he is looking for similar to what he was making.... but Tigers then don't have to trade the farm for Gio Gonzalez, or signing somewhat less better Saunders.
Gives Turner time in Toledo...
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/oswalt-seeks-one-year-deal-interest-picks-up.html
mlbtraderumors

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2011/12/21/2....sign-roy-oswalt
Tigers should try to sign Roy Oswalt.
from blessyouboystigersblog

What do all of you think, should Tigers be interested?

Im starting to think we say were interested in a lot of people just to make it sounds like they are doing something this off season. More often then not being interested in someone means we arent going to seriously pursue him or make any serious offers. The second i read an article that we have an interest in someone it makes me aware that we wont sign the guy lol.

Sign me up for a year... Keep Turner at triple A for a season and don't rush him...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Sign me up for a year... Keep Turner at triple A for a season and don't rush him...
Exactly. Turner didn't look ready last season, so I'm not sure I believe anything has changed since then. You know what you'd be getting with Oswalt if he can stay healthy, and the risk is low if he can't.

kingofdetroit57 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Sign me up for a year... Keep Turner at triple A for a season and don't rush him...
Exactly. Turner didn't look ready last season, so I'm not sure I believe anything has changed since then. You know what you'd be getting with Oswalt if he can stay healthy, and the risk is low if he can't.

I agree with you totally...

I wish we could add a lefty, but Oswalt is probably the best pitcher left on the market and is willing to take a one year deal... DD should be all over this

Oswalt would be a great signing for one year, give Turner some more time in Triple A.

I agree with everyone on this thread.. This would help Turner's progression if anything and Oswalt is still a decent starter..

We (Tigers) need a LHP in the roto something fierce, yeah, it looks like the team could and should easily repeat last season and win the ALCD running away again, with or w/o one, BUT, as we all know all too well shit can and does happen, and that is just during the regular season. I would hate it if the team was forced to deal for obtaining a positional player or two, prior to the trade deadline to remain in contention, due to injuries, slumps, or certain players coming back "down to earth" next season., and have to ignore adding any pitching.

Would really like to see them address this during the off-season, b/c it is fairly obvious that they are likely going to go with 2 IF positions and one OF being in platoon, and I am not really liking most of whom they are planning to use.

The Tigers should get a lefty and Saunders is one of the top available free agent LH pitcher if they could get him for 2 yrs 16 million. On the Tigers he could be move up in the rotation I feel over Porcello. That said, can't beat a one year deal and for a little more you could get Oswalt who is a righty which is what I would do and let Turner, etc develop. Except for last year has been an innings eater and healthy for several years. Tigers don't seem to be in a spending mood this year so that sucks so far.

Now that Yoennis is playing winter ball, teams that are serious suitors will obviously want to take a more and unfortunately longer "wait 'n see" approach before they will begin to initiate negotiations with Cespedes' agent.

That may/will affect most if not all of the players remaining w/o being signed or contacted, while dragging out the whole process during the remainder of this off-season. Tigers are reportedly all-in on Yoennis, until they are outbid or reach their limit as to how much they will offer. So until that situation becomes resolved, it is probably unlikely that DD will spend money on obtaining any other remaining FAs. The Tigers "could" very well lose out on any, that they have a real need for as a result.

Back