Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Roy Oswalt

Heck its not my money but way not... Like the article says it will give turner time to work on holding runners on base..

SIGN THIS MAN!!!! He is only asking for $8 mil over one year, seriously you can't ask for a bigger steal if he stays healthy

Maize&blue21 said:
SIGN THIS MAN!!!! He is only asking for $8 mil over one year, seriously you can't ask for a bigger steal if he stays healthy

30 teams are all saying this, he's going to get more than 8 million, because teams will have to outbid each other, smart move on his part really, say you want $8M, end up with $12-15M by the time the bidding war ends.

Sources: Tigers are on fringe of Roy Oswalt sweepstakes, not as involved as RedSox at the moment. But situation is fluid.

Boston has traded Marco Scutaro to Colorado for pitcher Clayton Mortensen, clearing $ 6 million from their payroll. Reports had indicated that Boston would need to trim payroll if they were to pursue Oswalt. Many of us would love to see the Tigers sign Oswalt.
byb-tb

RedSox Scutaro seems desparate.
http://mlbdirt.com/2012/01/21/scutaro-trade-seems-desperate/#more-2623
mlbdirt

After the Boston Red Sox Traded SS Macro Scutaro to the Colorado Rockies earlier this evening in what appears to be a salary dump, they are apparently putting together an offer for free agent Starting Pitcher Roy Oswalt.

FOX Sports Jon Morosi along with CBS Sports Jon Heyman are both reporting that now the Red Sox should have enough money to make a strong pursuit at Oswalt. Morosi did also tweet that the Detroit Tigers may be also in on Oswalt.
You might remember that last week the Yankees traded for star stud Michael Pineda and acquired free agent Hiroki Kuroda in the same night. The rival Red Sox have yet to make any kind of move to improve their roster since then; the acquisition of closer Andrew Bailey has been their only major move of the off season to date.
Oswalt went 9-10 with a 3.69 ERA in 23 starts for the Philadelphia Phillies last season.
mlbdailydish

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Sources: Tigers are on fringe of Roy Oswalt sweepstakes, not as involved as RedSox at the moment. But situation is fluid.

Boston has traded Marco Scutaro to Colorado for pitcher Clayton Mortensen, clearing $ 6 million from their payroll. Reports had indicated that Boston would need to trim payroll if they were to pursue Oswalt. Many of us would love to see the Tigers sign Oswalt.
byb-tb

RedSox Scutaro seems desparate.
http://mlbdirt.com/2012/01/21/scutaro-trade-seems-desperate/#more-2623
mlbdirt

After the Boston Red Sox Traded SS Macro Scutaro to the Colorado Rockies earlier this evening in what appears to be a salary dump, they are apparently putting together an offer for free agent Starting Pitcher Roy Oswalt.

FOX Sports Jon Morosi along with CBS Sports Jon Heyman are both reporting that now the Red Sox should have enough money to make a strong pursuit at Oswalt. Morosi did also tweet that the Detroit Tigers may be also in on Oswalt.
You might remember that last week the Yankees traded for star stud Michael Pineda and acquired free agent Hiroki Kuroda in the same night. The rival Red Sox have yet to make any kind of move to improve their roster since then; the acquisition of closer Andrew Bailey has been their only major move of the off season to date.
Oswalt went 9-10 with a 3.69 ERA in 23 starts for the Philadelphia Phillies last season.
mlbdailydish

Well...if the Red Sox are looking like they have gone waay off the deep end, then perhaps DD should get on the horn, and enquire about what minimum salary flotsam and jetsam the Tigers have to trade, and that they would take in exchange for snagging their 2B Dustin Pedroia, to help them in their effort to cut salary...although I believe that Leyland would not like losing Don Freaking Kelly, in addition to Schlereth and Pauley, or something like that...

:)

I really hope he ends up signing for like $5.5 million now, to a non-contender.

Seriously a team offers you 25% more than you were asking for and you turn them down?

MI_Thumb said:
I really hope he ends up signing for like $5.5 million now, to a non-contender.

Seriously a team offers you 25% more than you were asking for and you turn them down?
Because the plan is that he may need to relieve towards the end of the season and he wants nothing to do with that. I don't understand why you turn down the largest offer to go along with going to one of the top teams in the AL.

Well we can always have a "Shell Roy Oswalt thread' going... i don't understand it either but I have to think he just does not want to come to Detroit or the American League.. I have know clue why when he would probably get 15 starts verses the White Sox, Twins, Indians, and Royals.. heck that is 9-11 wins easy for him.. Oh well lets move on..

Would have been great to get him, it doesn't make these guys look good when they turn down 10x more money than most will make in their lifetime in one year. But I think we end up pitching porcello 4 and bring on turner for the 5th spot. No better experience than the bigs.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":kjewy3k1]Yup.

A double yup...Fuck Oswalt.[/quote:kjewy3k1] triple Yup.. He can fuck a duck..

Oswalt can get skull-fucked by a whole flock of ducks...heh!!

Oh, and so can Rob POS Neyer

angry.png
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

Turok said:
Oswalt can get skull-fucked by a whole flock of ducks...heh!!

Oh, and so can Rob POS Neyer

angry.png
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>
Neyer is a clown. Have you looked at the AL Central rotations lately? Not exactly what I'd call dominant. Really, the only AL opponent rotations that are what I'd call dominant would be LAA, Texas, and Tampa. Also, pretty sure there are great pitchers in the NL too, so it isn't like he's going from AAA to the majors. Kershaw, Halladay, Lincecum, Lee, Cain, Hamels, Kennedy, etc. are every bit as good as the AL studs.

Beyond all that, Fielder is good... doesn't matter which league he's in... he's good.

Oswalt is getting dumb advice.. He would win 15 games easy in this rotation and pitching in the AL central.

Instead of a Duck how about a alligator..

Back