Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RR in @ Zona

Their AD is the equivalent to a Theo Epstein and all about the twitters and social medias and being a wunderkind!

MichChamp02 said:
yeah, that article sucks. Rodriguez wasn't doomed to fail... he failed because of the decisions he made as head coach. ex post facto excuse making.

agreed

and as bolded defense was huge issue

the rumor of carr undermining him or failing at traditions did not cause the worst three years of w-l record

I just got a private message from Ray_Howland. He said he cried genuine tears of joy when he read the news about RR. He also just went out and ordered a "Go Cats Football!" tee, and "liked" Arizona Football on facebook. Now they have 7 people total who like them.

WyldRydr was seen looking at apartments in the area around Arizona Stadium.

MichChamp02 said:
Red and Guilty said:
The Mike Brown idea is a good one.

The thing that kills me is that 3 and Out only hints at the hearsay. It doesn't actually lay it out for you. Mandel and a lot of the MGoBloggers act like it's a fact and 3 and Out prove the case. 3 and Out doesn't even state the case. Bacon even said, explicitly, (I wish I had the link, I think it was a radio interview) that he never found any evidence that Carr was behind it. People known to be loyal to Carr? Yes. Actual Carr undermining? No. (Unless you think he had an obligation to help and not helping = undermining.)

Didn't Bacon also say RR had a right to review the transcript before publication, but either didn't, or didn't change anything?

That's completely bogus, man.

RR couldn't change anything, but Bacon agreed to let him read it before publication and add a statement to the book. RR apparently decided not to.

josh200612 said:
Good for him I will be rooting for him. He will put butts into seats once he gets things rolling there if Oregon can do it so can he. Maybe we'll see him in the rose bowl lol.
Maybe if UofA finds a booster like Phil Knight.

TheVictors03 said:

Unless things have changed, the immediate area around the UA campus is not that desirable. I lived here for a year and was constantly awakened by police sirens, helicopter beams in my window, cats mating and the couple next door blasting Van Halen at 3:00 a.m.

http://g.co/maps/hz8zr

I lived in the house in the middle with the white car on the lawn.

smayschmouthfootball said:
TheVictors03 said:

Unless things have changed, the immediate area around the UA campus is not that desirable. I lived here for a year and was constantly awakened by police sirens, helicopter beams in my window, cats mating and the couple next door blasting Van Halen at 3:00 a.m.

http://g.co/maps/hz8zr

I lived in the house in the middle with the white car on the lawn.
Panama!

did you live there back in the 80's? Was this David Lee Roth-era VH, or Sammy Hagar?

MichChamp02 said:
did you live there back in the 80's? Was this David Lee Roth-era VH, or Sammy Hagar?

DLR was the the preferred genre for the meathead next door. I lived there from 82-84.

I stay at the University Marriott right there on 2nd and on campus. The housing around the area seems pretty typical for students and a bit run down. Tucson on the whole isn't exactly the nicest town either.

Well RR won't have a running QB with any spread option experience his first year so clearly it will take at least 3 years until he builds the worst defense in Arizona history.

I wonder what, if anything, Arizona's AD asked RR regarding the defense. I mean, even if you feel he was a great coach who was simply put into a bad situation, you still have to be concerned at the defensive situation here. that ones a little harder to excuse, esp. in light of the amazing turnaround statistically.

but then again, stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Stew Mandel's article shrugs off the DC hires RR made at Ann Arbor, as though they were some random events that he had little control over, like drawing names out of a hat... instead of a direct reflection of his lack of ability to judge talent and competence. People in Arizona, even AD's of major colleges, probably aren't much more intelligent than Mandel either.

I swear, that state is like Florida-West. It's a magnet for degenerates.

Reading this article, the thought occurred to me that this would end with both RR and Greg Byrne looking for new jobs...http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7269840/rich-rodriguez-begins-anew-arizona-wildcats

Notable quote: <blockquote>Rich Rodriguez took the head coaching job at Arizona without having set sight on the city of Tucson, the university campus or the Bear Down slogan painted on the grass at Arizona Stadium. That sounds like a gamble.

"I like to go for it on fourth down," Rodriguez said. "I hate punting."</blockquote>kinda reminds me of Herman Cain's "I'm a leader, not a reader" stupidity. And this is funny: <blockquote>Byrne discussed the job with former Florida coach Urban Meyer, who told him, "If you hire Rich Rodriguez, you're getting one of the five greatest minds in college football. That would be an incredible hire for the University of Arizona."</blockquote>Five greatest minds in college football? BWAHAHAAHAHA!!!

Good luck to RR in Arizona. I will be rooting for him (except against U of M if they played)

Cue Mich Champ's arrogant shit comments about his coaching...

I wonder if Arizona is going to front him some of his salary so he can sell his house & settle his pending real estate fraud suits?

if not, the Rodriguezes might be forced to ditch everything for an old pickup truck and head west to Tucson "Grapes of Wrath" style.

[quote author=thewolverines24 board=wolverines thread=3445 post=85803 time=1322007816]Well RR won't have a running QB with any spread option experience his first year so clearly it will take at least 3 years until he builds the worst defense in Arizona history. [/quote

Actually there is a four star dual threat there that RR recruited at Michigan...

Back