Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rumor: webber and cole to visit for the michigan game

Sbee

According to some posters on the michigan rivals site. They would be two big pickups, I've read some things about cole and his attitude but I trust MD. Webber wouldn't play rb for us, maybe a rj shelton type.

According to some posters on the michigan rivals site. They would be two big pickups, I've read some things about cole and his attitude but I trust MD. Webber wouldn't play rb for us, maybe a rj shelton type.

Both are verbals to Michigan right now, correct? Mike Weber, Brian Cole?

If they are in house for the Spartans laying a beatdown, they might flip that verbal. Then again, depends on where each thinks he'll play in college. If Cole thinks he's a WR, he'll probably stick with UM as they don't have much talent right now and Funchess will be gone. He'd be competing with up to 6 juniors and seniors to play WR for us. But if he wants to play Safety, obviously it makes a lot more sent to pick Sparty. He'll have a heck of a better supporting cast, and he could legitimately compete for a starting spot with Drummond graduating.

Weber I just don't see why he would switch. Even with Langford and Hill moving on, we've got a higher rated RB coming in already. He may see himself as the future at UM, where he might always be a change of pace back with MSU. He's also a smaller guy without great power or breakaway speed, which doesn't seem like a great fit for our offense.

If they are in house for the Spartans laying a beatdown, they might flip that verbal. Then again, depends on where each thinks he'll play in college. If Cole thinks he's a WR, he'll probably stick with UM as they don't have much talent right now and Funchess will be gone. He'd be competing with up to 6 juniors and seniors to play WR for us. But if he wants to play Safety, obviously it makes a lot more sent to pick Sparty. He'll have a heck of a better supporting cast, and he could legitimately compete for a starting spot with Drummond graduating.

Weber I just don't see why he would switch. Even with Langford and Hill moving on, we've got a higher rated RB coming in already. He may see himself as the future at UM, where he might always be a change of pace back with MSU. He's also a smaller guy without great power or breakaway speed, which doesn't seem like a great fit for our offense.
Weber will likely go elsewhere but leave michigan. Cole has been quiet about everything, keeping everything quiet. If cole was a wr, he wouldn't play much as a freshmen but then we lose a ton of wr the following year.

Last edited:
Back