Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Russell Okung

It's probably some of each here, Tony. We aren't the recent version of the Pats and there's no avoiding that fact. We're more like the late '80s to early '90s Patriots teams where they sucked and no one really wanted to go play there. Until that changes, we're going to have to overpay and take risks (hopefully calculated ones for a change) on guys with injuries and other red marks. A few years of good drafting and player development is about the only thing that's gonna turn the tide for us. I am, of course, highly skeptical that this organization will finally wise up and get it right. History would say that my position is a good bet, but I'm hoping like hell to be proven wrong.

I get that. Detroit isn't the ideal place to play. Shitty weather, bad teams....

Yeah, well the super bowl champs don't think he's overrated. So there's that.

Did Brock Osweiler do something in the NFL that I missed?

His contract is SEVENTY TWO million over 4 years. I think Denver was pretty wise in letting that walk.

Yeah, well the super bowl champs don't think he's overrated. So there's that.

He's overrated in a big way. He's made ONE joke of a Pro Bowl FOUR fucking years ago lol. Denver is also desperate because they lost Harris to the Steelers and Clady is banged up. Pretty good one year deal though.....i still think he's getting paid too much but that's why it's a "show me" deal. He'll get in 10 games or so, maybe less. Then Elway will just cut his ass at the end of the year.
Okung is not the answer at LT for the Broncos. It was a desperate signing. Get your head out of your ass.

He's overrated in a big way. He's made ONE joke of a Pro Bowl FOUR fucking years ago lol. Denver is also desperate because they lost Harris to the Steelers and Clady is banged up. Pretty good one year deal though.....i still think he's getting paid too much but that's why it's a "show me" deal. He'll get in 10 games or so, maybe less. Then Elway will just cut his ass at the end of the year.
Okung is not the answer at LT for the Broncos. It was a desperate signing. Get your head out of your ass.

When you have 3 very well ran originations that have all won SuperBowls in the past 10yrs(Pit, Giants, Den) interested in you...That's says something.

Says a lot more than an Internet GM saying you're overrated!

Last edited:
Lol yeah. Okung would have been a massive upgrade over what the Lions trot out every Sunday, hence why they went after him.

But I'm happy for the guy, he went to a team that knows how to win and stayed away from this vomit pool.

When you have 3 very well ran originations that have all won SuperBowls in the past 10yrs(Pit, Giants, Den) interested in you...That's says something.

Says a lot more than an Internet GM saying you're overrated!

All three teams NEEDED a LT!!!! Key word being "NEEDED". The guy is overrated for fun!!! It's just that he was the best LT FA out there. Doesn't mean he's something special lol

All three teams NEEDED a LT!!!! Key word being "NEEDED". The guy is overrated for fun!!! It's just that he was the best LT FA out there. Doesn't mean he's something special lol

Your right...That's what proven championship organizations do, compete with each other to overpay, overrated player.

Is that what builds championships? Overpay the overrated? lol

Your right...That's what proven championship organizations do, compete with each other to overpay, overrated player.

Is that what builds championships? Overpay the overrated? lol

No, dummy. Defense usually wins you championships. Kinda like what Denver did this year. Now, if you think an Okung signing isn't desperate or it's some type of great move then this conversation should end. But it won't and i'll gladly rip you apart word for word lol. Okung hasn't done fucking squat in this league except miss a shit ton of games. But you hang onto that 2012 Pro Bowl and convince me and yourself that he's the next Orlando Pace...ok?! lol.

Draft a LT that can actually stay healthy. It's the better option. Just make sure to come find me when Okung goes down halfway into the season. Ok, smart mouth? ;)

We have the worst run blocking oline in the league and gave up 89 sacks in the last two years. Keep that up and Stafford will be the one who won't last 10 games.

We have the worst run blocking oline in the league and gave up 89 sacks in the last two years. Keep that up and Stafford will be the one who won't last 10 games.

I agree. Listen, i'm not calling Okung garbage. I just dont think he's even worth 8MIL a year or more. Say he does by some frickin miracle last 16 games. He does that then all of a sudden he gets MORE money?? F that! I still wouldn't take the risk. Draft a LT that isn't a liability if you're really looking for change. I'm all for change on the OLine but i'm glad we didn't get Okung. There's better options in the draft IMO.

And you can't solely blame the OLine for the running game either. We had 2 rookies (Abdullah/Zenner), Bell and a pass catching RB in Riddick. Not exactly a running team right there.

And you can't solely blame the OLine for the running game either. We had 2 rookies (Abdullah/Zenner), Bell and a pass catching RB in Riddick. Not exactly a running team right there.

32nd. Worst in the league. Name a Titans running back, I'll get you started, Dexter McClusterfuck. Why do you have to make excuses?

Back