Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rutgers

SpartyNash

Needed that win in such a bad way. If we beat Purdue Friday and I?ll feel a lot better. That might be the best defensive effort I?ve seen from us in quite some time. Granted Rutgers couldn?t hit the broad side of a barn but we seemed to be very inspired on the defensive end and battled for every loose ball. The first half was as ugly as it gets though, I wanted to rip my eyes out watching 1000 turnovers.

I really like Hoggard. I think he?s going to be really good in a couple of years for us. He needs to stay in the starting lineup. Henry has been awesome the last 2 games after going MIA for a few. I do wish Marble got more minutes. I like Sissoko especially defensively but he isn?t really a factor offensively, that?s where I wonder if we?re better off with Marble instead but I won?t argue it for now.

agreed, they looked great on defense. they shut down the perimeter and getting rebounds/loose balls when they weren't blocking shots - it was like a swat fest for a while there inside. The turnovers were mind numbing - 17 in the first 24 minutes but still led by 4-8pts most of that time. And I think that's about the time they started a run to take a 14 pt lead - not sure because I kept falling asleep.

from the stat sheet, Langford took 9 shots but he needs to shoot more from 3 - he's not going to regain his stroke or his confidence taking 2 three pointers a game. Henry played well but he has to get the turnover number down, he still had 4 of our 18.

Watching Bingham was really frustrating - in the 2 minutes he was out there, he clearly demonstrated why he sucks, but could be really good. I thought he played well on defense, ran the floor and got good position on offense but twice on offense he brought the ball down below his shoulders after the catch in the post and turned it over, sat the rest of the game. Nothing worse than wasted potential.

Edit: just noticed Marble didn't play at all - don't see any news about him being sick or injured.

Last edited:
Is it me or does it seem like Gabe Brown just has a one-track mind? When they were freshman I would definitely be more nervous when Henry was on the floor because he looked more lost, where Brown look more in control and capable, at least on offense. But now I'm starting to dread seeing Brown on the floor because it seems like all he ever tries to do is dunk the ball. Henry is a decent mid-range shooter, takes pull up jumpers in the lane when it's there instead of trying to make a highlight reel dunk and he's clearly a better defender.

Last edited:
Is it me or does it seem like Gabe Brown just has a one-track mind? When they were freshman I would definitely be more nervous when Henry was on the floor because he looked more lost, where Brown look more in control and capable, at least on offense. But now I'm starting to dread seeing Brown on the floor because it seems like all he ever tries to do is dunk the ball. Henry is a decent mid-range shooter, takes pull up jumpers in the lane when it's there instead of trying to make a highlight reel dunk and he's clearly a better defender.

I actually disagree a bit on Brown. It may be me but it seems like he mainly floats around the arc in attempt for a kick out pass for a wide open three. If not the three, then yes, he tries to dunk every time.

I actually disagree a bit on Brown. It may be me but it seems like he mainly floats around the arc in attempt for a kick out pass for a wide open three. If not the three, then yes, he tries to dunk every time.

good point - looking at his game-by-game stats he's kind of all over the board, sometimes taking 6 threes in a game and just as often taking 2 or less. I haven't watched many games, especially lately and I haven't seen any of the games where he took and made a bunch of 3s, so I'm working with a limited sample size and mostly seen games like RU where it seemed he was trying to take everyone off the dribble.

Last edited:
Back