Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Saints' Sean Payton says he tested positive for coronavirus

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Doubt it very much that the 2020 NFL season gets played, as even IF the coronavirus pandemic spread is "flattened" within a few months, the likely lack of an effective vaccine would mean that the US could NOT return to what passes for normal in any sense of the word.

But hey...maybe the Chicago to Mackinac and Port Huron to Mackinac sailboat races could be held this coming summer, since the crews and boats would be separated by hundreds of yards of H2O, and no large audiences could gather to watch.

Last edited:
But hey...maybe the Chicago to Mackinac and Port Huron to Mackinac sailboat races could be held this coming summer, since the crews and boats would be separated by hundreds of yards of H2O, and no large audiences could gather to watch.

there would be just as many people watching it on TV as in person ;)

But...overhead drones and betting on the leaders @ the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 marks and finish line might drum up more interest in watching on teevee.

I recall as a young teen @ my family's summer home nearby northern Lake Michigan one late summer when the races were taking place, and many encountered a very bad storm on the big lake...watched as quite a few were forced to make port @ nightfall...badly damaged with a few having their masts snapped off by winds and waves...now that WAS exciting!!

Pro-golf on teevee is a much less populated sport...save the spectator galleries, which would have to be eliminated...but then I have never understood the lure of standing nearby in the hot sunshine while watching some guy or gal drive or putt a tiny golfball...but to each his and her own, I suppose.

Last edited:
Pro-golf on teevee is a much less populated sport...save the spectator galleries, which would have to be eliminated...but then I have never understood the lure of standing nearby in the hot sunshine while watching some guy or gal drive or putt a tiny golfball...but to each his and her own, I suppose.

I really enjoy watching golf on TV but have never been to a live tournament and have very little desire to do so with the exception of the Masters (I just want to see the course). I would think that finding a spot where you can see a lot happening would be very difficult. Maybe by a green on a good par 3 would be a little entertaining but I doubt it. I'd probably end up drunk with all of the waiting around. :cheers:

I've only been once US Open at Oakland Hills in the 80's. I had a blast. Wouldn't do it anymore but TV golf is awesome.

Went I went my friend and I just walked the course until the last golfers were finishing up and then sat in the bleachers at 18 until it was done. I was 19 I think and even then it was quite tiring.

It sure beats NASCAR live. I went to the Michigan 500 once and when the cars passed by you they were going so fast I couldn't see them at all. It was a flash. It was not fun.

I've only been once US Open at Oakland Hills in the 80's. I had a blast. Wouldn't do it anymore but TV golf is awesome.

Went I went my friend and I just walked the course until the last golfers were finishing up and then sat in the bleachers at 18 until it was done. I was 19 I think and even then it was quite tiring.

It sure beats NASCAR live. I went to the Michigan 500 once and when the cars passed by you they were going so fast I couldn't see them at all. It was a flash. It was not fun.

I went to the 3rd round of the US Open at Oakland Hills in 1996. I had fun with my friends but I'd never go again. You miss 90+% of what is going on. Maybe it's a little better nowadays with technology in your hand but golf is a made for TV sport.

Back