Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Say Yes to the Dress

tinselwolverine

So I get home from the boxing gym, and I'm about to turn the channel to the Tigers game...the wife had an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress On..."

Now, of course I've seen the show before when the wife has had it on...but...Holy Shit!!!

This episode is called "You're Sexy and You Know It..."

One chick wants the the back exposed all the way down to her butt crack (she's a black chick) and the other chick (she looks a little like Sandra Bullock) keeps using the word "slutty looking" to describe the dress she's looking for...

And there's a third chick...she wants lace she can whip off and pull her tits out for everybody to see.

Holy Crap on a Cracker!!!

So the mom of the black chick...she doesn't want the dress to be open all the way down to the ass crack...and I'm like, all like, "stop it Mom!! Stop being such a fucking nag!!!"

Damn while I've been watching "Say Yes to the Dress" Minnesota has come back from a 3-0 deficit to tie the Tigers at 3 each.

So I guess I've been making the right choice.

gawd dam it.

Um, it's a reality TV show. Their job is to do outrageous stuff on air so people watch. I don't understand it but it's the world we live in..

So the wife asked if we could watch one more episode, and what the hell, it's Sunday.

One chick is Asian, one chick has cerebral palsey, and one chick is a blonde who has lost a whole bunch of weight and is smoking,' but has self esteem issues.

They all have monumental tits.

I'm talkin' Mt. Rushmore type tits.

Of course, Mt. Rushmore is a monumental tits to Mt. Rushmore is fairly apropos.

Meanwhile the Tigers are threatening here.

5 in my house.

Three in the man cave, and one each in the bedroom and living room/theatre.

And the one in the living room is giant.

And it's spectacular.

You have been watching 'Say Yes to The Dress', as a result you have lost your privileges to call it a "man" cave.

You have been watching 'Say Yes to The Dress', as a result you have lost your privileges to call it a "man" cave.

Not to me. I think calling it a man cave goes perfectly well with watching say yes to the dress.

What a guy might call such a room (if he has a name for it at all) probably varies from guy to guy and room to room, but "man cave" is what the significant others want to call it. I see it as an HGTV term (probably because my wife started talking about me needing one after we got HGTV.) I wouldn't mind having a media room, or a study, or a bar, or a shop, or a Michigan room, but whatever it is, I'm not calling it a man cave. The way man cave is used these days is too cute.

Not to me. I think calling it a man cave goes perfectly well with watching say yes to the dress.

What a guy might call such a room (if he has a name for it at all) probably varies from guy to guy and room to room, but "man cave" is what the significant others want to call it. I see it as an HGTV term (probably because my wife started talking about me needing one after we got HGTV.) I wouldn't mind having a media room, or a study, or a bar, or a shop, or a Michigan room, but whatever it is, I'm not calling it a man cave. The way man cave is used these days is too cute.

It's funny, because I actually never refer to it as the "mancave" because I think it's a dumbass term too.

When we were moving in, my wife was teasing me by tagging the crap that would go into the home office as going into the man cave; and the movers picked up on it as they were hauling the crap in (dees ees fir man cave, mang).

So when thumb quoted me as having used the term "man cave" I was all, like, whuuuut? then I went back and indeed, I had called it the mancave.

I guess I was having a sarcastic little inside joke with myself at the time, referring to watching Say Yes to the Dress in the mancave, that I had forgotten about.

But I could probably write a book about all the sarcastic little inside jokes I've made to myself and forgotten.

Except the problem is...well, ya know...well, I forgot 'em.

This thread is glorious...

I enjoy watching Hallmark movies with my wife and predicting the plot 5 minutes before it happens. She really loves it when I do that.

Back