Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scherzer out of the 'pen?

upnorth

How about a 3-man rotation of Verlander-Fister-Sanchez. JV is good for 3 games if necessary and Max would give us some hugely needed bullpen help.

Also I think it's a waste to use Max in just 1 game

Do we have any history of how JV has done on short rest? He may be a horse that can throw a lot of pitches in a game without losing it in the later innings, but taking on short rest twice in a series seems like a very risky proposition. Max has a pretty extended warm up routine, from what I have read, and that wouldn't be workable out of the bullpen.

I think 3 man rotation in a 7 game series wastes too much of your roster while stressing the rest of it.

I think we go normal 4 man rotation with the exception of game 7, in which everyone but Sanchez has to be ready to pitch.

trick or treat is next week. no way Swerzer comes out of the pen,he's one of our main horses.

Why change what has worked so well now? All 4 of the starters have been great. The starters have an era barely over 1 in these playoffs. I say stick with 4. Plus we all know Leyland is not going to make any random changes at this point in the season.

Also Max has a pregame routine that is roughly 35 minutes long to get his arm ready so that there alone means there would be no chance of him coming outta the bullpen.

Pitching out of the pen is a lot different than starting..if you don't know how that guy will do, I don't think the World Series is the place to try it.

I think 3 man rotation in a 7 game series wastes too much of your roster while stressing the rest of it.

I think we go normal 4 man rotation with the exception of game 7, in which everyone but Sanchez has to be ready to pitch.
Wouldn't Sanchez be in line to START game 7?

Wouldn't Sanchez be in line to START game 7?

Yeah, I noticed I made that mistake like an hour after I posted it, but figured if I left it long enough you'd catch it.

Good job! :tup:

Was supposed to be Fister, but somehow I was thinking about Sanchez while I was typing. :shrug:

Yeah, I noticed I made that mistake like an hour after I posted it, but figured if I left it long enough you'd catch it.

Good job! :tup:

Was supposed to be Fister, but somehow I was thinking about Sanchez while I was typing. :shrug:
No problem! I'm here to catch stupid posts!

Back