Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Schwartz Extended

Almost had to extend him. If I were the Lions organization I would tie in some kind of clause that holds him accountable for player's off the field issues. They need to get that under control.

Almost had to extend him. If I were the Lions organization I would tie in some kind of clause that holds him accountable for player's off the field issues. They need to get that under control.

No that would need to be in the PLAYERS contracts. You don't hold a coach responsible for a GROWN adult's actions outside of football. Thats just retarded.

No that would need to be in the PLAYERS contracts. You don't hold a coach responsible for a GROWN adult's actions outside of football. Thats just retarded.

No, it's not retarded. The head coach is responsible for the players....even on the professional level. It also falls on the shoulders of MM. This is an organizational problem IMO. I don't think it is a coincidence that the players are out of control on and off the field. This lack of discpline starts with the coaching staff and he is in charge.

No, it's not retarded. The head coach is responsible for the players....even on the professional level. It also falls on the shoulders of MM. This is an organizational problem IMO. I don't think it is a coincidence that the players are out of control on and off the field. This lack of discpline starts with the coaching staff and he is in charge.

By your logic they should hold MM accountable, not Schwartz...MM gave Schwartz the players.

Or, hold the individuals who screw up accountable...novel idea.

Dumbity dumb dumb.

By your logic they should hold MM accountable, not Schwartz...MM gave Schwartz the players.

Or, hold the individuals who screw up accountable...novel idea.

I did say it was on MM as well and I never said that the players shouldn't be held accountable. But there is no argument that this is a very undisciplined team and that starts with the head coach.

The NFL coaches can't do anything for a player off field. Unless you want the players to be followed 24-7.

Explain to me Tom, how Schwartz can prevent someone going to a bar at night. Or Going 95 in a 40 zone?

The NFL coaches can't do anything for a player off field. Unless you want the players to be followed 24-7.

Explain to me Tom, how Schwartz can prevent someone going to a bar at night. Or Going 95 in a 40 zone?

Like I said....run a disiplined team. If you F up off the field it is known that you get in trouble with the coach....maybe you get benched. It's a free for all on and off the field.

Like I said....run a disiplined team. If you F up off the field it is known that you get in trouble with the coach....maybe you get benched. It's a free for all on and off the field.

Trouble with the coach afterward is a different matter all together. But it has nothing to do with players screwing up, that's on them. One is already suspended for 2 games, another in the process etc.

League suspensions are always more than what a team can do. I just think you're expecting too much. Every team in the NFL has screw ups.

Trouble with the coach afterward is a different matter all together. But it has nothing to do with players screwing up, that's on them. One is already suspended for 2 games, another in the process etc.

League suspensions are always more than what a team can do. I just think you're expecting too much. Every team in the NFL has screw ups.

NBA, NHL, MLB...etc.

As long as they haven't killed or conspired to kill someone, see Carruth, it's probably not that bad.

Back