Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sewell

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/10...een-outstanding-in-the-face-of-adversity.html

Not as bad as some keep trying to claim. Held Donald in check and got under his skin to the point Donald engaged in some extra fun, of which Sewell didn't back down at all.

Especially with Decker out, this was a fortuitous pick as well as one based on talent.

I really like the Sewell pick. I think we all did. The guy JUST turned 21 two weeks ago and hadn't played competitive football for 18 months before camp started. I believe he will be great.

I'll give Anzelone some credit.....he has been above average. He's not an elite LB, but you can tell he is getting more and more comfortable, as is JRM.

Don't get me wrong....we need a top tier LB in the draft.....but if Anzelone can continue to be above average, Barnes continues to get better and we land a stud in the draft or in FA......it reduces the number of LB we need to one.....instead of 2.

I really like the Sewell pick. I think we all did. The guy JUST turned 21 two weeks ago and hadn't played competitive football for 18 months before camp started. I believe he will be great.

I'll give Anzelone some credit.....he has been above average. He's not an elite LB, but you can tell he is getting more and more comfortable, as is JRM.

Don't get me wrong....we need a top tier LB in the draft.....but if Anzelone can continue to be above average, Barnes continues to get better and we land a stud in the draft or in FA......it reduces the number of LB we need to one.....instead of 2.

Can you imagine Thibideaux on the outside and a guy like Simmons at LB instead of that Okudah selection? Lions just cant catch a break in the draft...

Can you imagine Thibideaux on the outside and a guy like Simmons at LB instead of that Okudah selection? Lions just cant catch a break in the draft...

Well, my hope is that Okudah can become a very good S.

Do you want to draft a S #3 overall. No. But given how the first 2 years have gone getting anything out of him at this point would be a plus.

or if they took the Carolina trade. Michcah Parsons with Thibedeaux

They likely wouldn't have a shot at Thibodeaux if they took that trade. I'm betting they'd win at least 5 games with Parsons and Bridgewater at qb. Probably be picking outside the top 5.

Watching Parsons tonight...I think the Lions made a mistake with Sewell vs. Parsons. The kid is a beast

Watching Parsons tonight...I think the Lions made a mistake with Sewell vs. Parsons. The kid is a beast

And our oline takes over 0 games. Even when we have a decent run game it didn't translate to anything the opposing team needs to be concerned with. No play action. Nothing....

LMAO... I can only imagine the OL without Sewell right now. Decker injured has meant Sewell was the right pick, no matter how well another player performs. He has been solid, especially for a rookie, and without him...who would be playing LT this year?

And our oline takes over 0 games. Even when we have a decent run game it didn't translate to anything the opposing team needs to be concerned with. No play action. Nothing....

Play action requires a capable QB. Not a good or great QB, just one that is capable.

Please present the QB on the Lions roster who is capable.

LMAO... I can only imagine the OL without Sewell right now. Decker injured has meant Sewell was the right pick, no matter how well another player performs. He has been solid, especially for a rookie, and without him...who would be playing LT this year?

it isn't about this year. Plus...what does it matter? They would be winless this year with our without Sewell

Cuz no one would bitch about the OL allowing so many sacks and hits? Goff would have been injured earlier and worse, so we would be suffering through Boyles and Blough, and then some guy off the street.

Wait, come to think of it... maybe that would have been better.

Cuz no one would bitch about the OL allowing so many sacks and hits? Goff would have been injured earlier and worse, so we would be suffering through Boyles and Blough, and then some guy off the street.

Wait, come to think of it... maybe that would have been better.

The pass protection has be atrocious this year. So so bad....

Now imagine it without Sewell. Not saying he has been perfect, but his grades have been solid and better than whatever traffic cone would have been playing there if he was not on the team.

Now imagine it without Sewell. Not saying he has been perfect, but his grades have been solid and better than whatever traffic cone would have been playing there if he was not on the team.

Rebuild was going to take a couple years.... totally get it. Holmes decided it will be with goff and 2 extra first round picks. If he's forced to use one of those on a qb.... then he's failed as a gm and is proof the carolina deal would have been the better decision. Could have been parsons and Sewell. Or any combination with a rookie qb.

Like Fields? I seem to recall you raved about how great he is earlier in the year and being upset the Lions didn't take him.

Like Fields? I seem to recall you raved about how great he is earlier in the year and being upset the Lions didn't take him.

I wasnt high on fields. However since day 1 I said starting a rebuild with a veteran over priced qb was the dumbest thing you can do.

Rebuild was going to take a couple years.... totally get it. Holmes decided it will be with goff and 2 extra first round picks. If he's forced to use one of those on a qb.... then he's failed as a gm and is proof the carolina deal would have been the better decision. Could have been parsons and Sewell. Or any combination with a rookie qb.

So if they select a QB with one of them 1sts and he becomes a stud it is still a failure? Listen Goff was a mistake for sure and I would much rather have Sewell/Parsons/Bridgewater right now. I would've traded Bridgewater and signed Tyrod Taylor. Taylor would make the run game even better and be cheap. Plus we would've have a guaranteed contract committed to a QB. Hindsight is always 20/20 though and these guys can make the Goff trade a success if they hit on the draft picks.

Plus if we did what I said above maybe we win enough games to knock us out the top 5-10 of the draft and we miss a blue chip player like Thibodeaux.

Bridgewater could suck with these wrs too and even less oline. Probably trade out one defense we took for a day 2 tackle. So de nt or lb or cb a even bigger need

Parsons is really good but who knows here. Tears achilles too probably knowing our luck this year.

Goff was added but they still planned on qb. Which is why two 1sts are key

Using 7 on fields and 8 on parsons still leaves us short handed greatly on everything. Ife and thise 2 extra firsts can still be incredibly clutch

And with 6 year contract, campbell may be losing games on purpose with all these 3rd and long runs or the qbs are that bad, swift run is only option

They werenr going to go crazy in 2021 for fas. So who cares about goff eating space

Last edited:
but because they took the Rams deal they now have a $31M cap hit for Goff next year too.

the question is this...will any of the Rams first round picks end up being as good as / or be as big of an impact player as Parsons? That's something that we won't know for years to come.

Back