Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sewell

Lions have 40 to 50 million in space. More when they cut flowers and vaitai

Lions have the space even with Goff at 31. He will be forced to take a pay cut, can make him a june 1 cut too to greatly reduce 2022 cap hit

Lions have the space even with Goff at 31. He will be forced to take a pay cut, can make him a june 1 cut too to greatly reduce 2022 cap hit

well...I guess it doesn't matter. Plus...what's the use of cap space when nobody good wants to come to your team?

you restructure his deal to put more money into future years....then ask him to take a pay cut? Good luck with that. Yup...sounds like a GM that doesnt know what hes doing. To go along with the HC that doesnt know what hes doing. To go along with the OC that doesnt know what hes doing. To go along with the DC that cant adjust or have a clue what to do to close out a game.

Last edited:
well...I guess it doesn't matter. Plus...what's the use of cap space when nobody good wants to come to your team?

They should have more success targeting role players in FA instead of trying to make a splash. More money should help with depth, they need quantity over quality at this point with the giant gaping holes on this roster.

Good players should come from the draft, the problem is that they never seem to draft any good players consistently. I think they have zero chance of trading out of #1 but I think this team needs like a dozen top 100 picks over the next two drafts, throw a bunch of picks at the the wall and see what sticks.

you restructure his deal to put more money into future years....then ask him to take a pay cut? Good luck with that. Yup...sounds like a GM that doesnt know what hes doing. To go along with the HC that doesnt know what hes doing. To go along with the OC that doesnt know what hes doing. To go along with the DC that cant adjust or have a clue what to do to close out a game.

It really is a really bad look for Holmes. He made a mistake drafting Goff then doubled down and traded for him. :lmao:

What Glenn has down with this defense should win him an award. We are trotting out perhaps the least talented defense I have ever seen yet somehow they are competing most weeks. We could have the least talented LB'ers and secondary in the entire league righ now and our D-line isn't much better. Who is the second bet player on this efense right now? Probably Charles Harris or Amani. That is absolutely horrendous.

What Glenn has down with this defense should win him an award. We are trotting out perhaps the least talented defense I have ever seen yet somehow they are competing most weeks. We could have the least talented LB'ers and secondary in the entire league righ now and our D-line isn't much better. Who is the second bet player on this efense right now? Probably Charles Harris or Amani. That is absolutely horrendous.

they give up 27.3 points per game which is 29th in the league. Yards per game is 27th. They are middle of the pack in takeaways with 12.

FYI...Its not our defense.

Cleveland's offense has been in shambles for multiple weeks....Baker has 0 knees 1 ankle and 1 shoulder and still beat us lol.

PIT started a QB that found out he was going to be the starter Sat night lol...literally 0 snaps all week.

You can fully expect a Philly type score with any team that is competent on that side of the ball. Glenn has done nothing but lose us games in final seconds.

Oruwariye is interesting to watch. I?ve never seen a CB get so many lucky picks while standing in the middle of nowhere.

FYI...Its not our defense.

Cleveland's offense has been in shambles for multiple weeks....Baker has 0 knees 1 ankle and 1 shoulder and still beat us lol.

PIT started a QB that found out he was going to be the starter Sat night lol...literally 0 snaps all week.

You can fully expect a Philly type score with any team that is competent on that side of the ball. Glenn has done nothing but lose us games in final seconds.

They held the Ravens to 19. They held the Vikings to 19. More often then not this defense is not the reason we lose games. Also the Browns have one of the best O-Lines in the entire league. They have one of the best RB's. They have two capable TE's in Hooper and Njoku. I get Baker is hobbled, but that is more then enough talent to kick our defense in the teeth.

Not sure how you could possibly argue that they are not playing way above expectation on that side of the ball.

they give up 27.3 points per game which is 29th in the league. Yards per game is 27th. They are middle of the pack in takeaways with 12.

Could you imagine if we had an offense who could hold on to the ball and put any pressure on the oppposing offense. Against the Browns out offense was on the field for 48 snaps. The defense was on the field for 74!. If we can stay relatively healthy on defense and get Glenn some real NFL talent I think we may have something.

They held the Ravens to 19. They held the Vikings to 19. More often then not this defense is not the reason we lose games. Also the Browns have one of the best O-Lines in the entire league. They have one of the best RB's. They have two capable TE's in Hooper and Njoku. I get Baker is hobbled, but that is more then enough talent to kick our defense in the teeth.

Not sure how you could possibly argue that they are not playing way above expectation on that side of the ball.

You cant be 29th in the league in points given up and play above my expectation....that doesnt make sense. A couple games they got lucky and held teams below what i expected...sure. But there were several reasons for that....and none of them had anything to do with the lions defense.

Ravens dropped like 3 TD passes. Completely uncontested lol.

Vikings if you remember played the dumbest game ever. Even us lions fans on the thread said Zimmer was trying to throw the game. Cousins could have thrown for 600 yards that game and instead they kept running it.

Cleveland and PIT we caught at the right time....that is all.

Any team playing us is just getting lucky they caught us in a rebuild tank year without much talent and with a bunch of injuries

They actually arent any good. Its all just lions making mistakes and the other team luckily capitalizing on a team with no qb

Ravens steelers vikings browns rams bengals 49ers packers bears eagles all suck

Sewell with the 2nd highest Lions grade yesterday.....82.something. Good for a guy facing Garrett or Clowney every down.

Garrett is the NFL sack leader.....had two solo tackles and one assist
Clowney had one solo tackle.

Say what you want about Parsons.....Sewell is becoming a franchise tackle.

Last edited:
Sewell with the 2nd highest Lions grade yesterday.....82.something. Good for a guy facing Garrett or Clowney every down.

Garrett is the NFL sack leader.....had two solo tackles and one assist
Clowney had one solo tackle.

Say what you want about Parsons.....Sewell is becoming a franchise tackle.

Lions could have had 10 first round picks last year, there would still be holes.

The thing the "Parsons" cheerleaders are missing is Sewell filled a hole and should be considered a successful pick. While usually a pick that high is a success, they only need to go back 1 year earlier to see it can be a miss also. That may seem unfair to Okudah, but so far he cannot be called a success in even the broadest/loosest way. There have been many top 5 and top 10 busts, be thankful Sewell appears to be legit.

Lions probably use Parsons as ILB too. And he is average in run defense and coverage by the way. Really good in pass rush but our ilbs dont blitz as much. Who knows how it would have turned out. Doubt parsons makes us a top 10 defense in one year. Like Thibdadeaux and sewell combo better. Maybe even Hutchinson plus more picks and Sewell. Healthy Okudah, Okwara and Ife would be nice too. Upgrade over Will Harris and anothet mid round lb

JOK over Onwuzurike makes more sense for complaints but still tbd

Back