Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shame on the NFL

wheels002

I just got done watching the HOF speeches and the most moving one of the night was the interview that Sydney Seau game in regards to her dad. She had a full speech written but the NFL refused to let her give it. It wouldnt surprise me at all if they had it set up to cut to commercial had she started saying anything the NFL didnt like.

She did do a video of her entire speech though and here it is http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/09/s...me-sydney-seau-speech.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

NFL owners are a bunch of rich hypocrites and they do not give two shits for the players that play for them.. I had heard they wee not going to let the family speak live at the event.. Just ridiculous..

Last edited:
To be fair I believe this is a Hall of Fame rule (not allowing relatives to speak on behalf of deceased inductees) not an NFL rule. They are separate entities.

To be fair I believe this is a Hall of Fame rule (not allowing relatives to speak on behalf of deceased inductees) not an NFL rule. They are separate entities.

So why then is Tarkenton allowed to speak for Tingelhoff?

They got rid of letting people speak on behave of the deceased after the Derrick Thomas speech went for 28 minutes (they are only supposed to be 8-10 mins). I believe Tinglehoff is suffering from Alzheimer's and they were worried he would forget what he was doing in the middle of the speech, so Tarkenton read it for him.

Last edited:
Back