Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shane Morris to transfer

I went to the same high school as Shane. I don't think we overlapped at all, but I knew people who knew him and, from all accounts, he was a douche. That was in high school, so it's totally plausible he's matured since, especially given that we haven't heard any negative rumblings from him despite what's had to have been a pretty rough four years.

I went to the same high school as Shane. I don't think we overlapped at all, but I knew people who knew him and, from all accounts, he was a douche. That was in high school, so it's totally plausible he's matured since, especially given that we haven't heard any negative rumblings from him despite what's had to have been a pretty rough four years.

Everything I've heard and seen from him this year leads me to believe that he's matured. I harbor no ill will for the young man. He's put up with his share of bullshit here and has never complained. Besides, what QB1 did you know in high school that wasn't an asshole to anyone except the hottest chicks in the school.

Read that he may be going to CMU. I wish him all the luck.

Everything I've heard and seen from him this year leads me to believe that he's matured. I harbor no ill will for the young man. He's put up with his share of bullshit here and has never complained. Besides, what QB1 did you know in high school that wasn't an asshole to anyone except the hottest chicks in the school.

Maybe hail hail's high school friends are just haters and Shane
was an OK guy in high school, Who knows?

One thing for certain Michigan it sure turned out to be a major crap out for the guy.

I think maybe his concussion did help get rid of that asshole Dave Brandon.

Here's just me spitballing: Shane was not good enough to start or to be considered as a starter. Because he didn't unless pressed into service and he struggled mightily when he did. So now he's going to transfer and still might not start wherever he ends up

I think he'll start at CMU next season. Cooper Rush is gone, and I don't think CMU has any good QB depth.

He has got to be close to getting a degree from UM. Hasn't he been on campus 4 years?

His snaps as a Wolverine were cringe-worthy. No real loss here.

It's a graduate transfer. The "graduate" indisputably indicates he'll be leaving with a degree. Just sayin.

Also, I can't figure out why everyone seems to hate him so much. We give every other player a pass for the shitty coaching from Hoke except for Shane. The kid came to Michigan, he put up with a ton of shit and stuck with it until he earned his degree. I have a ton of respect for the man and I think it's pretty damn petty that anyone would hold his performance against him given the situation he was in.

Last edited:
It's a graduate transfer. The "graduate" indisputably indicates he'll be leaving with a degree. Just sayin.

Also, I can't figure out why everyone seems to hate him so much. We give every other player a pass for the shitty coaching from Hoke except for Shane. The kid came to Michigan, he put up with a ton of shit and stuck with it until he earned his degree. I have a ton of respect for the man and I think it's pretty damn petty that anyone would hold his performance against him given the situation he was in.

What are you talking about?

Everyone would have preferred that it had worked out better for Shane Morris at Michigan than It did.

I'm not given they guy shit at all. He isn't going to play a Michigan, and of he has stayed long enough to get his degree (which is supposed to be the goal for college athletes) I say good for him. Go play at another school where for 1 last year you get to enjoy a game you love.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here's just me spitballing: Shane was not good enough to start or to be considered as a starter. Because he didn't unless pressed into service and he struggled mightily when he did. So now he's going to transfer and still might not start wherever he ends up

I can't agree fully with the prospect that he won't start at CMU but I completely agree with the first portion of your post. I think that in many ways Shane was held up to a standard that was a bit unfair, but also one that he helped create.

He was supposed to be the Guy. He was Hoke's first big success -- he was Chad Henne, Elvis Grbac and maybe even Jim Harbaugh. A Detroit kid who Sugar Shaned others on Twitter and was built up to be a legit "4-star" recruit.

But he has been a bust. Not fair to lay blame entirely on him but things just didn't really work out.

But I give him credit and certainly wish him only the best -- he's just a kid. And I will never, ever forget that shot he took against Minnesota. We somehow had tickets around the 12th row behind the M bench (and Braylon). The minute Shane took that hit and wobbled I stood up and said, "damn he's fucking concussed ...!" Don't ever and did never believe otherwise but that was a seminal moment in the program's history and that's how he will always be remembered - not as a "4-star" QB but the guy who got the crap kicked out of him and represented the worst time and lowest of the lows in recent MICHIGAN football history.

I don't blame Morris for not panning out... agree as others have mentioned: Hoke/Borges deserve more of the blame for that.

If I was him though, I wouldn't be transferring to CMU or some MAC program... Take your UM bachelor's and go find a scholarship at a better school (even if its FCS or D2) and get a meaningful master's degree in something. grow up and get over your football dream, and use this opportunity to a leg up in your future career.

I don't blame Morris for not panning out... agree as others have mentioned: Hoke/Borges deserve more of the blame for that.

If I was him though, I wouldn't be transferring to CMU or some MAC program... Take your UM bachelor's and go find a scholarship at a better school (even if its FCS or D2) and get a meaningful master's degree in something. grow up and get over your football dream, and use this opportunity to a leg up in your future career.

If that's the case, why not just stay at Michigan?

Back