Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shilique Calhoun article

Yeah I read the article a couple of days ago. Nice to see the great talent on the DL.

"Shilique has Julian Peterson-like ability. (Shilique) has the ability to make big plays, extremely quick off the edge. He's got power. He's a guy I think can be a great football player here. It's going to be extremely exciting." -Mark Dantonio

"He is as good a defensive end as we've seen around here, and I mean that" -Dan Roushar

"Shilique is a freak athlete and I think his potential is awesome. I can't wait to see him this year. He is going to be phenomenal player." -Marcus Rush.
When Rush was asked if Calhoun is a similar player to him, Rush just chuckled.

"He reminds me of a taller Marcus Rush, as far as quickness. [A more athletic version of Marcus Rush]. But he has a lot of strength too. He is really strong and quick, he's fast. He is really fast, I am kind of jealous a little bit." -William Gholston

Um, Will Gholston is jealous of his ability. He was a great high school basketball player and there was talk he was actually good enough to try to walk on at State, but he's concentrated on football and is a total freak athlete as a DE

Last edited:
Back