Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shoelace submits NFL paperwork

6th round pick unless he's up to being a WR...then he might be a 3rd or 4th.

but, as they're saying, he's going nowhere.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]6th round pick unless he's up to being a WR...then he might be a 3rd or 4th.

but, as they're saying, he's going nowhere.

agreed, I just wanted to get everyone's panties in a bundle.

The only reason players (like Barkley) do this is to determine their approximate Draft Standing, without having to actually commit to the draft.

Wow, Asian 6er, you really fooled me, when I saw this thread I thought Denard was gone next year for sure...

Hey Tinsel, The Loose Cannons are coming to Denver radio, beginning Jan 1st. There's a huge shake-up here where one station is getting Mike and Mike and Cowherd and punting two local guys. The other station is trying to battle back with Dan Patrick, Rome and the Cannons on its sister station.

i rhink it is becoming routine for sone juniors to fo this even if they sre nit leaving

not concerned

TheVictors03 said:
Hey Tinsel, The Loose Cannons are coming to Denver radio, beginning Jan 1st. There's a huge shake-up here where one station is getting Mike and Mike and Cowherd and punting two local guys. The other station is trying to battle back with Dan Patrick, Rome and the Cannons on its sister station.

What station are the Cannons going to there? Is it part of a national expansion? I haven't been listening to the Cannons much the last few months; they come on at my busiest time of day during the fall.

Anyway, as you know, that's pretty much the 570 and 710 lineups here, although there's a good show up against the Cannons on 710, Max Kellerman and Marcellus Wiley, with Mychal Thomson from time to time(who used to be on the Cannons) that I can't imagine would go nationally - but then again you never know...

It's a little early for me to text Sam about this, I'll do it during the show if I can find time today...

I don't care for Kellerman/Wiley at all. I used to like Thomson and the other guy but have gone to 570 fully now, both in LA and sometimes on the IHeartRadio App.

In Denver, 104.3 TheFan is losing the ESPN relatonship to 102.3 TheTicket. 1600 is associatedwith TheFan and is trying to get the non-ESPN shows now that 102.3 is taking them.

From DenverRadio.net --

Talk, talk talk.

Ever hear of a national Fox radio sports-talk trio called "The Loose Cannons"? Pat O'Brien, Steve Hartman and Vic Jacobs will be featured weekdays (1-5 p.m.) on 1600 AM, beginning Jan. 2.

The station's national lineup also will highlight two familiar talents

Hungry said:
Why wouldn't he do this?

exactly - i think we will continue to see more and more junior doing this - so they get a measure of where they are and where they might need to get too in the followin gyear

michlady77 said:
i rhink it is becoming routine for sone juniors to fo this even if they sre nit leaving

not concerned

Yeah, I think most juniors want to know where they stand as far as being a legitimate NFL prospect. I am wondering if Denard is sending out some feelers to not only see what NFL gurus think of him but what they may think of him as a NFL QB.

I think he will make the NFL, but unless he corrects his QB mechanics, it will be somewhere else on the field...

Vic, Sam just texted me back that they're on in over 120 cities across the country, and XM 169.

Shows what I know, I guess.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Vic, Sam just texted me back that they're on in over 120 cities across the country, and XM 169.

Shows what I know, I guess.

I knew the show was being picked up nationally, even PMS is on sometimes or part-time in some markets. I'm just on the anti-ESPN side of the argument with the Cannons, DPS, Rome and others that aren't beholden to the 4-5 topics handed down from Bristol on a daily basis.

rayhowland3 said:
michlady77 said:

not concerned

Yeah, I think most juniors want to know where they stand as far as being a legitimate NFL prospect. I am wondering if Denard is sending out some feelers to not only see what NFL gurus think of him but what they may think of him as a NFL QB.

I think he will make the NFL, but unless he corrects his QB mechanics, it will be somewhere else on the field...

"thank you for submitting your papaerwork Denard. At this current time we see you as an undrafted kick returner. Good luck in your senior season at Michigan. Thank you again for your inquiry but we take injuries very seriously in the NFL and you seem to get injured every game. The new NFL rules in regards to kick offs would mean you would only get hit about .8 times a game. We feel this situation would be perfect for you."

Back