Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

should linehan go?

dtroitlionsfan951

we haven't talked much about the coordinators but..i personally have not liked alot of the way scott has called things...i think he's very vanilla..not very creative..and when he does mix it up it seems to work........we often run on first down...and pass the next two it seems...and alot of times just completely abandon the run....which is strange considering the number of close games we have played (outside of minny and dallas cuz i know they weren't close for a while)...but alot of the slow starts seem to be poor play calling in the first half...

go where ? lol

it's pretty much his first full year with his QB , this is the 3rd year of a 4 year plan for me...Im not calling for anyone to go until they tank in 2012.

and also..it seems like we are an aggressive vanilla..we take alot of deep shots...but it doesn't seem to be anything special in the gameplan's..we don't have alot of guys running routes open like when i watch other teams...seems like there is always a defender on his back...nor do we really get blown coverages either...i heard before we run a basic offense like indy..and just kinda run alot of different stuff off of the same looks...i think we should kinda dial it back a bit as far as taking deeper shots...we only have one true deep threat in the passing game..and that's calvin....titus young is still an unknown..missing all the offseason and then training camp hurt him big time...i just think outside of cal..we are more of a ball control offense...best, the te's and burleson seem to catch everything shorter...

SLICK said:
go where ? lol

it's pretty much his first full year with his QB , this is the 3rd year of a 4 year plan for me...Im not calling for anyone to go until they tank in 2012.

yeah i get that haha...im not completely calling for his head yet...i just hope some adjustments are made..

and im usually not one to complain bout coordinators....it just seems to me we make stafford hold onto the ball quite a bit longer than we should sometimes...but maybe noone is getting open..idk..or maybe he's not seeing them...i don't like our big play or nothing type of offense.. i want to see some damn drives lol

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
and im usually not one to complain bout coordinators....it just seems to me we make stafford hold onto the ball quite a bit longer than we should sometimes...but maybe noone is getting open..idk..or maybe he's not seeing them...i don't like our big play or nothing type of offense.. i want to see some damn drives lol

It seems that way because he has no time to pass.

i asked slick this during the game yesterday...it was 3rd or 4th and long, like 12 yds or something late in the game....every receiver was running a damn deep route. wtf was that shit?

i think the lack of a solid running attack hurts...and that means it's time to seriously address oline. he needs to definitely sit in film with matt and go over his issues with the footwork and shit like that.

there is no play action threat if you can not run the football.

it's not like Schwartz can take over the play calling...the offense is all on Linehan.

Its all on the damn offensive line. They're handcuffed on what they can run. We shouldn't be a team where the coach needs to say "its okay if we throw 50 times". Its never good to throw 50 times.

He needs to review the Tampa game plan...they came out throwing...this 1st down running BS is so predictable. We ran the ball EVERY 1st down except the 1st and goal on the 8 and the last 2 drives of the game. Throw it on first once in awhile, no huddle, it will open up some run game

May only have 2 losses but how many games has the offense played well for a full game?

Who gives a fuck. Very few teams play well for a full game. You really think GB p.ayed a full game yesterday? They certainly didn't against NO, their defense sucked. We haven't played one team who has played a full game.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Who gives a fuck. Very few teams play well for a full game. You really think GB p.ayed a full game yesterday? They certainly didn't against NO, their defense sucked. We haven't played one team who has played a full game.

SF did

No they didn't. They made plenty of mistakes or did you not see the penalty totals or offensive woes. That's why it was such a close game.

These losses are a result of a bad OL and poor special teams play more than anything else. Stafford hasn't been great the last few games, but he's been far from horrible. Not really sure what else people expect from an offense when we've got Swiss cheese protection and 3rd/4th string RBs as starters.

When he threw the TD and the score was 20-16 I saw that his QB rating was above 90 at the time. Take it for what its worth. Not sure where he ended up with.

kingofdetroit57 said:
These losses are a result of a bad OL and poor special teams play more than anything else. Stafford hasn't been great the last few games, but he's been far from horrible. Not really sure what else people expect from an offense when we've got Swiss cheese protection and 3rd/4th string RBs as starters.

5 yards per completion?

Yeah, he's been All World. lmfao

Back