Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should Meyer and Harbaugh Be Afraid?

I doubt they are affraid...but I'm certain that Nebraska will be a better team under Frost

Nebraska is certainly a sleeping giant. They have the fan base, there is no doubt. I've been surprised how long they've been mediocre, similiar to Michigan.

His stint at UCF was impressive, but we've seen time and time again how much easier it is to win consistently in a minor conference, compared to the Big Ten.

I'll hold off on being afraid for now. Frost and his AD sure like to run their mouths though.

I remember when we played UCF a couple seasons ago. the score was 34-7 at the half and Frost was bragging about "outhitting" us at the halftime interview.

The final score was 51-14.

I'll take it. Been a while since it was natural for people to lump OSU and U of M together in a statement like that.

Nebraska is certainly a sleeping giant. They have the fan base, there is no doubt. I've been surprised how long they've been mediocre, similiar to Michigan.

Are you really that surprised though? If I?m a top recruit who is 18 years old, I?ve never for one second seen Nebraska football be considered a top program. Correct me if I?m wrong but I believe their last conference title was 2000. There?s a boatload of other schools I?d much rather consider.

It occurred to me that this might be bulletin board material in places like Minneapolis, Iowa City, Evanston, Madison, East Lansing and State College. Is Nebraska just going to leapfrog those programs?

Last edited:
His stint at UCF was impressive, but we've seen time and time again how much easier it is to win consistently in a minor conference, compared to the Big Ten.

I'll hold off on being afraid for now. Frost and his AD sure like to run their mouths though.

Moos is a good name for the Athletic Director at Nebraska.

Are you talking about 1997 Scott Frost, or is Scott Frost still a big mouth?

I didn't really notice anything like recently when he was the coach of UCF, but I didn't pay much attention either.

Boy, Nebraska does not get a break in its interdivisional conference schedule - at Michigan, at Ohio State, hosting the Spartans.

He probably would have been wise to hold off with the big talk until Nebraska actually does something under Frost.

He's walking it back now; saying it was kind of a joke, tongue in cheek...

Are you really that surprised though? If I?m a top recruit who is 18 years old, I?ve never for one second seen Nebraska football be considered a top program. Correct me if I?m wrong but I believe their last conference title was 2000. There?s a boatload of other schools I?d much rather consider.

I thought they'd have a tough transition because I don't think the Big 12, then or now, is as good as the Big Ten. But I thought maybe with a newer exposure to different markets it could translate to some new blood and some good seasons.

Recruiting hasn't been their problem. They've been in the top half of the Big Ten according to 247 and Rivals every year since 2010, often times ahead of Michigan State, it just hasn't translated to the field.

They have the fan base but that's about it unless Frost can get Texas and California kids to look at Nebraska again. That hasn't happened since Osbourne. The state is so small, a lot of Nebraska high schools play 8 man football, Lincoln and Omaha can't sustain a nationally competitive program especially since a lot of their best players go out of state. I wouldn't be surprised if he can make them competitive but it won't be easy and I doubt it happens over night. What he did at UCF was no small feat but Florida has enough talent to support several national and regional programs. Nebraska clearly has a bigger brand than UCF and maybe that's all a guy like Frost needs. It will be interesting.

It occurred to me that this might be bulletin board material in places like Minneapolis, Iowa City, Evanston, Madison, East Lansing and State College. Is Nebraska just going to leapfrog those programs?

Michigan hasn't leapfrogged us so I think Dantonio will likely hold off on posting smack talk directed at harbaugh on the Spartan bulletin board.

Last edited:
I thought they'd have a tough transition because I don't think the Big 12, then or now, is as good as the Big Ten. But I thought maybe with a newer exposure to different markets it could translate to some new blood and some good seasons.

Recruiting hasn't been their problem. They've been in the top half of the Big Ten according to 247 and Rivals every year since 2010, often times ahead of Michigan State, it just hasn't translated to the field.

I disagree, I think recruiting has been their problem. Under Osbourne they recruited among the best in the nation - they just kept reloading, esp at tailback, QB and offensive line. being in the top half of the B1G is a lot different than being in the top 5 or even 10 in the nation.

Last edited:
Michigan hasn't leapfrogged us so I think Dantonio will likely hold off on posting smack talk directed at harbaugh on the Spartan bulletin board.

Michigan? He's talking about Nebraska leapfrogging.

Last edited:
Michigan? He's talking about Nebraska leapfrogging.

I know what he's talking about. Why would people in East Lansing get riled up and worry about Nebraska leap frogging the Spartans because they're trash talking a team that hasn't leapfrogged us?

I know what he's talking about. Why would people in East Lansing get riled up and worry about Nebraska leap frogging the Spartans because they're trash talking a team that hasn't leapfrogged us?

You're dumb.

The B10 West is a joke outside of Wisconsin and ever since the Buggeaters joined the B10, we've been forewarned of their pending dominance.

meh. all the loser NU fans transplanted to Denver are cocky with Frost as HC but it's just a bunch of talk.

Back