Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should we have a Kickoff Countdown?

Should we have a Kickoff Countdown?

• YES, and it's already less than 100 days til kickoff, FUCK!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • YES, how else will I know when the season starts?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • NO, I'm an MSU fan and I don't want to be reminded of my crappy team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, I've been infected with "Woke Mind Virus" and don't care about football anymore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FWIW... as of this posting, there are 93 days to kickoff...

d25_samsword.jpeg

Are we ready to get started?

Are we ready, he asks.

What is this?

You didn't see post #2 and think "He's ready to get started?" Come on, we've been posting here and there about this for coming up on two decades now...

Are we ready to get started?

Are we ready, he asks.

What is this?

You didn't see post #2 and think "He's ready to get started?" Come on, we've been posting here and there about this for coming up on two decades now...

Very good.

We could rename this thread, or, better probably, ironically leave it the way it is.

Yeah, me too.

If you know me at all, you know there?s nothing I love more than the ironic and the absurd.

it keeps me going.

It would be perfect if someone posts something like "You guys have 100+ posts in a poll thread about the countdown, but no actual countdown?" without realizing this is the countdown thread

it keeps me going.

It would be perfect if someone posts something like "You guys have 100+ posts in a poll thread about the countdown, but no actual countdown?" without realizing this is the countdown thread

That is funny.

Maybe we should keep it to ourselves, for that reason.

native.jpg

89 days. Pete Traber, TE 1974-75. My RA sophomore year at Rumsey House. Great guy, who became a successful MD.

Last edited:
bl008218.jpg

88 days. Jim Mandich, TE, All-American, 1969.

Last edited:
d01130712405a8ff008703836bf113eb.jpg

87 days. Ron Kramer, TE, All-American, 1955-56. Lived around the corner from me when I was a kid. I used to get in fights with his son. I was the starting nose guard on our LL football team and he thought he was better than me. So, we scrapped a lot. His dad was one of our coaches. He let us work it out on our own.

Last edited:
87 days. Ron Kramer, TE, All-American, 1955-56. Lived around the corner from me when I was a kid. I used to get in fights with his son. I was the starting nose guard on our LL football team and he thought he was better than me. So, we scrapped a lot. His dad was one of our coaches. He let us work it out on our own.

who won those fights?

s-l400.jpg

86 days. John Anderson, All-American, 1977. Forced a fumble in the 1977 M-OSU game that prompted Woody Hayes to seek out and destroy an ABC cameraman.

https://youtu.be/sZyvWzpAHck

Last edited:
I won every single one. He kept challenging me; I kept beating him up. He thought fighting was pushing and shoving; I threw punches.

you were higher up on the evolutionary scale

Back