Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sigh...Catholics....

If the Pope boycotted any countries who sanctioned the abuse of children, he would not leave his Vatican apartment.

This was kinda my thoughts when I read the article; I just didn't think of a way to state without coming off as heartless.

Life is shit for these kids, whether they're living in the gutter, or whether they are rounded up and put in cages so the Pope doesn't have to look at them in the gutter.

Just like they were rounded up and put in cages so they didn't pose a potential threat to Obama.

And so it is the same in countries like the Philippines all around the world.

Life is shit for the poor. Jesus said that himself.

IMO this is a direct message to the Philippine Officials addressed to the youth of the nation that specifically calls out the government for its abject neglect of the poor.

Exerpts:

"During my visit to the Philippines, I wanted in a particular way to meet with young people, to listen to you and to talk with you. I want to express the love and the hopes of the Church for you. And I want to encourage you, as Christian citizens of this country, to offer yourselves passionately and honestly to the great work of renewing your society and helping to build a better world.

"A final area in which you can make a contribution is one dear to all of us. It is care for the poor. We are Christians. We are members of God’s family. No matter how much or how little we have individually, each one of us is called to personally reach out and serve our brothers and sisters in need.

"...to all of you, especially those who can do more and give more, I ask: Please, do more! Please, give more! When you give of your time, your talents and your resources to the many people who struggle and who live on the margins, you make a difference."

It was more of a way to get attention from Catholics on this board. See post #4.

I saw that, but I read it like when someone starts a sentence where they tell you they're not about to do what they're about to do.

"Not to be racist, but..."

You know the next thing that person is going to say will be racist.

You just forgot to say "Not to condemn Catholics, but..." so you put it in post 4.

Last edited:
Jeez... leave the catholics here alone. They don't deserve any more grief than they've already received. The new pope seems like a decent human being, probably one of the more decent popes in history, or maybe even ever.

This was obviously a secular initiative.

Back