Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sinead O'Connor converted to Islam

tomdalton22

Sinead O'Connor converted to Islam. A very recent comment she made: "I'm terribly sorry," her tweet said. "What I'm about to say is something so racist I never thought my soul could ever feel it. But truly I never wanna spend time with white people again (if that's what non-muslims are called). Not for one moment, for any reason. They are disgusting."

Isn't it obvious? Sinead O'Connor is an even bigger idiot than we thought.

Not exactly a big issue, but that's it in a nutshell.

Sinead O'Connor converted to Islam. A very recent comment she made: "I'm terribly sorry," her tweet said. "What I'm about to say is something so racist I never thought my soul could ever feel it. But truly I never wanna spend time with white people again (if that's what non-muslims are called). Not for one moment, for any reason. They are disgusting."

As a white person who never got to spend the time with Sinead O?Connor before she adopted this new perspective, I must admit-I?m crushed.

"Nothing Compares 2 U" is 28 years old. So it was ahead of it's time, at least with the title, using text abbreviations before I even had a pager. No surprise, since it was written by Prince, who was a trend setter and could get away with that sort of stuff.

I don't think I've ever knowlingly heard any of her songs.

She also was, I think ahead of her time in terms of calling out the Church for sexual abuse. remember when she tore up the picture of the Pope and everyone got mad?

Then 10 years later everyone was like "OH... GEEZ... she was really, REALLY right about that. we owe her an apology." But I don't think she ever got one.

Now it's common to tear up pictures of the Pope. in fact in my house, that's what we do before every meal. I keep a stack of glossy 8x10's of JPII next to the dinner table for that very reason.

Except she was never sexually abused by a member of the clergy and she wasn't calling out sexual abuse w/ in the Church. So no, you're wrong - again. Sinead O'Connor wasn't really, REALLY right about that. She was complaining about mistreatment/abuse by nuns she was placed with because she was a problem child but it had nothing to do with the sex abuse scandal.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/sinead-oconnor-magdalene-laundry

As for the rest of your post, I'm not the least bit surprised you're indoctrinating your children with hatred and bigotry. Hopefully they grow up to see through your hateful bitter ways.

Last edited:
"Nothing Compares 2 U" is 28 years old. So it was ahead of it's time, at least with the title, using text abbreviations before I even had a pager. No surprise, since it was written by Prince, who was a trend setter and could get away with that sort of stuff.

I'm sure Prince had a pager WAY before any of us ever did - I still haven't gotten one.

Um yeah, she?s been in the public spotlight for at least a couple of decades and her mental health issues have been the subject of public scrutiny and discussion for much of that time.

I think the term ?bat shit crazy? is kind of the clinical consensus among mental health experts in describing her.

I was early with this call - although when she rose to popularity during my college years and girls were telling me I should be impressed by her because she shaved her head so she wouldn't be objectified and sexualized and known as a sex symbol I originally thought, I was like "isn't that arrogant and narcissistic?" I didn't think she was batshit crazy until it was obvious she is batshit crazy.

Except she was never sexually abused by a member of the clergy and she wasn't calling out sexual abuse w/ in the Church. So no, you're wrong - again. Sinead O'Connor wasn't really, REALLY right about that. She was complaining about mistreatment/abuse by nuns she was placed with because she was a problem child but it had nothing to do with the sex abuse scandal.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/sinead-oconnor-magdalene-laundry

As for the rest of your post, I'm not the least bit surprised you're indoctrinating your children with hatred and bigotry. Hopefully they grow up to see through your hateful bitter ways.

That's not what wikipedia says about it, or what sinead herself said about it: she changed the line of the song she was singing (War by Bob Marley) from "fight racial abuse" to "fight sexual abuse" and did the same thing two weeks later to drive the point home. on the first occasion she tore up a picture of the pope and on the second occasion ended the song on that line.

And don't forget: the church has sexually abused THOUSANDS of boys and girls

maybe you forgot about that last part?

I was early with this call - although when she rose to popularity during my college years and girls were telling me I should be impressed by her because she shaved her head so she wouldn't be objectified and sexualized and known as a sex symbol I originally thought, I was like "isn't that arrogant and narcissistic?" I didn't think she was batshit crazy until it was obvious she is batshit crazy.

Wow... you really do live in imaginary "Right Wing World," where college is filled with "PC libs" instead of mostly middle class 18-22 year olds just looking to get drunk and laid, before plunging into 40 years of corporate purgatory...

There are many white Muslims, by conversion and birth.

As a person who was raised in the RC faith, I never personally witnessed any priest (and there were quite a few who were assigned there and later left) in our parish act like a pedophile, but I tried to avoid the Monsignor (who was the lone constant) @ all costs after he had roughly grabbed me for a photo that my late father had taken with him beside me after making my First Communion. I still have the picture and my body language and facial expression is one of being very uncomfortable.

As it turned out, I was not the only one who suspected the MSGR of being too boy friendly, after I read some comments from other men and women who had attended the same now long closed parish/grade-HS online. The HS closed due to low enrollment after '71 but was the newest building by far, having been completed in '64, while the church-rectory/nunnery/grade school dated back to the early 1900s. The land that the parish was built upon had been donated to the Detroit Diocese by one of my paternal ancestors.

Last edited:
That's not what wikipedia says about it, or what sinead herself said about it: she changed the line of the song she was singing (War by Bob Marley) from "fight racial abuse" to "fight sexual abuse" and did the same thing two weeks later to drive the point home. on the first occasion she tore up a picture of the pope and on the second occasion ended the song on that line.

And don't forget: the church has sexually abused THOUSANDS of boys and girls

maybe you forgot about that last part?

she was sexually abused by a family member and blamed the church for not protecting her. She was placed in a facility for wayward children, many of them abused at home, and was mistreated there, not sexually abused there. That was her stated position at the time - that's what she blamed the church for - and I'm not saying she was wrong or lying, just that you're wrong.

I haven't forgotten about that last part - no one is denying that, but it doesn't make you right here. You're wrong - again. Of course, you'll never admit it, you'll just double down as always then try to spin my post to sound like I'm defending the sex abuse by the Church then falsely claim the morally superior position - all because you're too arrogant and stupid to admit you had it wrong.

Last edited:
Wow... you really do live in imaginary "Right Wing World," where college is filled with "PC libs" instead of mostly middle class 18-22 year olds just looking to get drunk and laid, before plunging into 40 years of corporate purgatory...

I didn't say college was full of PC libs when I went there, just that I remember there were some people dumb enough to think Sinead O'Connor was some kind of feminist hero for shaving her head so she wouldn't be regarded as a sex symbol. Nice failed effort to spin my comment into something it isn't though - again.

Last edited:
LOL, okay, she gave an interview confirming her position, but tell me how you know better than she does... and I'm wrong for reading her position and posting about it instead of asking you what she was thinking and taking your word for it.

LOL, okay, she gave an interview confirming her position, but tell me how you know better than she does... and I'm wrong for reading her position and posting about it instead of asking you what she was thinking and taking your word for it.

LOLOLOL...again, I'm not saying she didn't say fight sexual abuse, I'm saying she wasn't talking about sexual abuse within the church. She saw the church as an enabler of her abuse at the hands of a family member. LOL.

LOLOLOL...again, I'm not saying she didn't say fight sexual abuse, I'm saying she wasn't talking about sexual abuse within the church. She saw the church as an enabler of her abuse at the hands of a family member. LOL.

I didn't realize you could read Sinead o'Connor's mind and tell us what she was really thinking when she made two public protests against sexual abuse by the church.

I didn't realize you could read Sinead o'Connor's mind and tell us what she was really thinking when she made two public protests against sexual abuse by the church.

I'm not reading her mind, it's in the article I posted which is basically what I recall her saying when it happened. Again, for the thickheaded, she didn't make two public protests against sex abuse by the church. Good try though.

Back