Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Slay

adam86107

His own tweet says it all:

Darius slay********✔*@_bigplayslay9
Great win today!!!!!!! I must get better......

I guess on the bright side, he's aware of it. Some players have been coddled for so long that even when they play poorly, they're delusional and find blame anywhere but in the mirror.

The coaching staff sees potential, or they wouldn't keep trotting him out there. Let's hope he figures it out.

Mathis was worse imo....when every guy you bring in is terrible it makes me start to wonder if its not the schemes we put them in.

Mathis was worse imo....when every guy you bring in is terrible it makes me start to wonder if its not the schemes we put them in.

You'd think since we only rush four and tend drop a LB or two into coverage it will help the secondary. Maybe because we're only rushing 4 so often, it just gives receivers too much time to get open. I'm no expert...just a couple ideas.

Based on my own uneducated observations, it seems to me like the secondary is more concerned with not giving up YAC rather than the catch itself. Looked like they were giving opposing receivers a lot of room near the LoS.

Based on my own uneducated observations, it seems to me like the secondary is more concerned with not giving up YAC rather than the catch itself. Looked like they were giving opposing receivers a lot of room near the LoS.

I might agree on another day but yesterday there was too many times a guy ran past our DB's and thankfully Cutler over threw them.

I might agree on another day but yesterday there was too many times a guy ran past our DB's and thankfully Cutler over threw them.

I guess the ones that stuck out to me were the Jeffery catches over the middle, seemed like that was killing us for a while. 9 Catches on 18 targets, don't know how much of that was due to Cutler's inaccuracy.

I wonder why there is no bashing of the Slay pick? Broyles, LeShoure and Young were murdered whenever they played poorly even in their rookie years. And they were all need picks too.

I wonder why there is no bashing of the Slay pick? Broyles, LeShoure and Young were murdered whenever they played poorly even in their rookie years. And they were all need picks too.

Leshoure never had a rookie year and now is inactive each game. Therefore 'murdered'

Broyles was injured and drafted way too high but he gets 'murdered' because it's his 2nd year and hasn't done jack.

As far as Young, I don't remember him getting "murdered". I thought he had a very nice rookie season. He got 'murdered' afterward when he was messed up in the head.

Slay, he does get bashed from time to time especially early. Not really understanding your point..

I meant people bashing Mayhew for the Slay pick in hindsight like everyone does around here. It was the position you guys wanted so you go easier on Slay it seems.

And Broyles and LeShoure were murdered after their first year playing by people on here.

And Broyles and LeShoure were murdered after their first year playing by people on here.

Because they sucked or does being inactive every game and catching 1 pass a month not constitute suck? 2nd round picks should be starters.

And Slay sucks but people don't hate on Mayhew for it. He's been benched 3 times now and Carey is the nickel back because of it

Who knows. All I know is that he's gonna have a rough go until he gets better because QB's smell blood and constantly throw in his direction when he's out there. I think it's great for him.....IF he's learning from it and turns out to be good/great down the road.

He's been the victim of some great throws/catches this year. Needs to make some plays out there to make qbs think twice about challenging him.

Last edited:
And Slay sucks but people don't hate on Mayhew for it. He's been benched 3 times now and Carey is the nickel back because of it

Dude, Leshoure has been bad. It was a bad pick, same with Broyles and yet you make excuses for them. The better question should be why don't you stick up for Slay?

because it was an attempt to improve a position of need with a developmental player that is seeing time on the field. Leshoure and broyles were horrible picks of positions we didn't need and didn't play. And when they played thy sucked.

Dude, Leshoure has been bad. It was a bad pick, same with Broyles and yet you make excuses for them. The better question should be why don't you stick up for Slay?

Leshoure is a goal line back, nothing more. I loved his celebrations last year after scoring on a drive he basically had no part in. Should have just given Bell the short yardage carries. Take away Leshoures short td runs, what did he really do? I can't remember where I saw it, but remember seeing that Leshoure was at the bottom of the league in yards after contact avg last year.

Last edited:
You'd think since we only rush four and tend drop a LB or two into coverage it will help the secondary. Maybe because we're only rushing 4 so often, it just gives receivers too much time to get open. I'm no expert...just a couple ideas.

to give the dline some credit we were getting there fairly often yesterday eventhough cutler was getting the ball out very quick on designed short routes. the bad news is the DBs cant even cover for that 2 seconds....that is really pathedic.

Back