Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So apparently Inge has only had one bad season

I can't even make myself click on that link. It would surely result in me punching out one of my monitors.

I dislike Morosi for putting this in out heads - when there's no reason to.
Leyland said back in mid February Inge would play 2B in spring training.
The reason Inge was removed from 3B, was because he could NOT hold-down the fort there. It's the biggest reason why I give Inge absolutely no shot at winning the 2B job out of spring training.

Hopefully, Brandon gets the ziggy a.s.a.p..... wouldn't mind if Morosi got the ziggy from his employer also.

Holy Crap. This whole time I thought he couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat. It turns out I was wrong. He has only had 1 bad season. What season was that CHUCK INGE is it the season that starts in early spring and ends near the end of fall. Does it come around every year. Yep he has one bad season every year. What a delusional joke. If he routinely hit .240 I would be glad to see him as our 9 hitter. Except last year he couldnt hit a chubby ten year olds weight. Crazy dude.

More Inge quotes from another Inge article...
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/s...er-spring-another-challenge-for-detroits-inge

At the same time, though, he says he's "someone who gets motivated by people who doubt me. People think I can't do things, and every time we acquire someone else, I use it as motivation: I'm better than what they think.

"After awhile, it's like, 'Man, how many times do I have to prove myself to you?'"

A 10-year man with career .235/.305/.602 and a career WAR of 17 has had more than one bad season.

I cannot imagine that Brandon Inge's teammates can have one ounce of respect for him. I know they say otherwise, but talking this crap for years now when he's been so terrible has to rub guys the wrong way in the clubhouse. The guy's a career .235 hitter and he's talking about having only one bad year?

Maybe Brandon is factoring all aspects of his life into the "one bad year" claim. His defense, his vacation destinations, his golf handicap, his twitter posts, his water bills, his food choices and his fantasy sports leagues, as an ironic twist.

Anyone notice even the most die-hard Inge apologists seem to have given up at this point?

years ago

Anyone notice even the most die-hard Inge apologists seem to have given up at this point?

I think most gave up a couple years ago. Certainly by the middle of last season they all went the way of the Dodo bird.

Nah Johnny, there was someone on the other board just a month or so ago defending Brandon pretty hard he was getting flamed for it too, which is probably not fair, but have not heard from since.

Back