Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

so how much better will the D be and why?

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
wheels002 said:
They will be better as long as they dont play zone and have the kids just standing there with no one within 10 yards of them or on 3rd and 30 having a CB still in his back pedal 35 yds down the field GRob couldnt coach and Gibson was useless. I am not expecting top 10 in the nation but at this point I will take top 50.

To give an idea, if bamf's predictions hold true of 350 yards given up per game and 23.5 points per, then we'd compare to last year this way.

350 would put us at #38 between Air Force and Illinois

23.5 would put us at #49 between Illinois and Texas

Not great. but we'd be in a whole lot more games at the end.

I have to admit I would be OK with these totals. As long as we cut down on getting blown out and we actually make the other team punt a couple times. I want a competitive defense that can slow teams down. many times we gave up long TD drives where we never even forced a 3rd down.

Back