Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So the Lions lock up top 2 pick

biggunsbob

So which defensive end do you guys want? I would take either of them.

Thibodeaux

Hutchinson didn't grow up a Lions fan in spite being from Michigan, he'd be more likely to bolt after rookie contract than Thibodeaux perhaps is the thinking. Would prefer players that want to be here.

Last edited:
Thibodeaux

Hutchinson didn't grow up a Lions fan in spite being from Michigan, he'd be more likely to bolt after rookie contract than Thibodeaux perhaps is the thinking. Would prefer players that want to be here.

Why would he stay? When we win 4 games in 2026 either one would leave. If they're smart.

Thibs or Hutch, neither are worthy of a top 3 pick. They are getting talked about because how weak the top of this draft class is.

Preference

1. Trade down
2. Hutchinson
3. Thibodeaux

No interest in QB here, not sure who else is worth #2 this draft, not all that interested in seeing another secondary pick at #2.

Last edited:
I'm on the Hutchinson train. IMO the floor is definitely higher for Hutchinson. The ceiling is higher for Thibs. As a Lions fan, I have come to expect the worst. Give me the higher floor than ceiling.

Thibs or Hutch, neither are worthy of a top 3 pick. They are getting talked about because how weak the top of this draft class is.
But you have to have someone in the top 3. Can't just start with pick 4.

Preference

1. Trade down
2. Hutchinson
3. Thibodeaux

No interest in QB here, not sure who else is worth #2 this draft, not all that interested in seeing another secondary pick at #2.

After watching Hutch suck for 60 minutes vs quality competition im officially on the trade down train. Target Jameson Williams.

1) Trade down to 5-9 and grab Jameson Williams
2) Kayvon Thibodeaux
3) Aidan Hutchinson

Imo...kt is that pass rushing edge we need... replacing Harris/julian okwara. Hutch is more of a DE upgrade over big okwara... who is under contract...a rather big contract.

Brockers alim levi
Kt thor Barnes big okwara
... makes more sense to me than Hutch. Ideally you get an upgrade over Barnes as well.

After watching Hutch suck for 60 minutes vs quality competition im officially on the trade down train. Target Jameson Williams.

Hutch seems like the more refined/safer pick. I think Thibs has a higher ceiling, but I have no faith in this organization to develop raw talent.

One game does not make a season for Hutchinson. Georgia game planned around Hutchinson and threw a lot of screens and quick throws so Hutchinson didn't have a chance to get pressure. The score was lopsided as well so left very few pass rushing opportunities. When he did get a chance he was typically given extra attention.

Hutchinson's disappointing game against Georgia in the College Football Playoff semifinal might take some of the shine off his draft stock, but that had more to do with Georgia's game plan than the players tasked with blocking him.

While Hutchinson did manage just one quarterback pressure and a season-low 62.5 pass-rush grade across 32 pass-rush snaps, over two-thirds of those plays featured either a screen, run-pass option or play-action pass ? plays that go a long way to negating the pass rush. And on the few reps Hutchinson truly got to pin his ears back and get after the passer, Georgia made sure to send a double-team his way.

Despite the underwhelming night against Georgia, no college football player played better football in 2021 than Hutchinson. The 6-foot-6, 265-pound pass-rusher earned an FBS-leading 94.5 PFF grade in 2021 and did so after suffering a season-ending leg fracture during the shortened 2020 season.

With his power, get-off and advanced rush ability, Hutchinson has been virtually unblockable this season.

Per PFF

Also check this out

https://www.pff.com/news/aidan-hutc...ick-pros-cons-and-comps-for-both-pass-rushers

Love the Jared Allen comp

Hutch seems like the more refined/safer pick. I think Thibs has a higher ceiling, but I have no faith in this organization to develop raw talent.

I would disagree with that last statement. They have developed talent in a lot of areas this season, especially at CB. Even at edge, they have taken guys like Harris, J Okwara, and Bryant and turned them into better players then they've ever been.

the D-Line is the only spot on this team where I would say we have severely underperformed based on the talent we have.

Back