Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Softball now ranked #1

After football, basketball, ice hockey, baseball and women's basketball, softball is the most important NCAA sport there is.

The Wolverines (27-3, 5-1 Big Ten) received 17 first-place votes, while Florida received 10. Auburn and Alabama earned two apiece. Michigan achieved its first-ever No. 1 ranking back in 2005, the same year it claimed its first and only national championship.

My wife and I (technically she was my girlfriend at the time) were at the game on the Cal State Fullerton campus in mid March of that year and watched the Lady Wolverines of Michigan defeat the then #1 ranked Arizona Lady Wildcats to be elevated in the next poll to the #1 ranking, a ranking they (we) would never relinquish as they (we) marched to the winning of the national championship.

Back