Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Some real bullshit happening

I doubt it. They turned down the plea deal of 4 games I doubt they will be okay with only 3 games.

I thought about that, but I doubt we'd self-impose penalties if we didn't expect there'd be a benefit to it.

I saw a comment, I don't know if it's true, that the University did this out of frustration that the NCAA was publicly blabbing about things related to the investigation while insisting we (esp. Harbaugh) not comment on it. If true, that's rotten.

I thought about that, but I doubt we'd self-impose penalties if we didn't expect there'd be a benefit to it.

I saw a comment, I don't know if it's true, that the University did this out of frustration that the NCAA was publicly blabbing about things related to the investigation while insisting we (esp. Harbaugh) not comment on it. If true, that's rotten.
I'm sure that's what Michigan is thinking to. Who knows.

My guess is they did the 3 game suspension thinking that if the NCAA gives him a harsher punishment he will already have done three games vs. E Carolina, UNLV, & BG vs. a longer suspension in 2024. This three game suspension doesn't mean anything vs those teams.

My guess is they did the 3 game suspension thinking that if the NCAA gives him a harsher punishment he will already have done three games vs. E Carolina, UNLV, & BG vs. a longer suspension in 2024. This three game suspension doesn't mean anything vs those teams.

agree.

the Athletic Department issued a press release about this (link). I didn't know we also announced recruiting restrictions. This is basically a "mistakes were made" kinda statement though. But hopefully that's enough to make the NCAA feel good about themselves.

Interim coaching assignments to be announced later

I still feel like there's some bad blood behind this; I doubt they will be satisfied with it, but at some point the NCAA will realize they can only go so far without looking absurd and opening themselves up to more scrutiny.

Next year's conference schedule is still up in the air, but the OOC part is set. We play Fresno State, Texas and Arkansas State. More suspensions would hurt, for sure. no idea how Fresno State will be in 2023, but they did win 10 games last year and have a good coach (Jeff Tedford). Obviously Texas will be a tough game as well.

agree.

the Athletic Department issued a press release about this (link). I didn't know we also announced recruiting restrictions. This is basically a "mistakes were made" kinda statement though. But hopefully that's enough to make the NCAA feel good about themselves.

Interim coaching assignments to be announced later

I still feel like there's some bad blood behind this; I doubt they will be satisfied with it, but at some point the NCAA will realize they can only go so far without looking absurd and opening themselves up to more scrutiny.

Next year's conference schedule is still up in the air, but the OOC part is set. We play Fresno State, Texas and Arkansas State. More suspensions would hurt, for sure. no idea how Fresno State will be in 2023, but they did win 10 games last year and have a good coach (Jeff Tedford). Obviously Texas will be a tough game as well.

If they do add games they will definitely add two more so it would include the TX game. That's the kind of shit they like to pull.

If they do add games they will definitely add two more so it would include the TX game. That's the kind of shit they like to pull.

I'm assuming we'll have a new QB, 2 new WRs, at least 3 new OLs, and probably 2 new RBs as well in 2024. Defense doesn't lose as much, but replacing all that talent is going to be tough as it is. Without Harbaugh on the sideline and over practices for a time, that's going to suck.

But The NCAA's cardinal rule seems to be "don't upset the money train" and making a marquee program struggle, especially in a huge game like UM-UT, just because of overzealous enforcement of ticky-tack rules, seems to fly in the face of that. For that reason, I half-expect this cloud to quietly dissipate without further issues.

Back